Wafta rd 13 at B/Gwent

Discussion in 'News and Results' started by NJR 100, Jul 13, 2014.

1. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    Steep shots and a late wind took its toll today

AA

Gary Powell 35
    chris Keyworth 34
    Jack Harris 32
    Berty 32
    Nigel Hayman 32
    doz 31
    russ summers 27
    chubby 24

A

john Johnston 31
    Craig Corbett 28
    Gwyne Robinson 27
    Chris Miles 26
    Gadget 25
    Dan Horricks 25
    John Kociumbas 25
    Gareth James 25
    Dave Williams 25
    Craig Morgan 26
    Tom gould 21
    John mortlock 21
    John Parry 15

b grade

Gary Williams 32
    BDL 27
    Rhys Bowen 25
    Steve James 24
    Barry smith 23
    Rob hathway 21
    Vince Bowen 21
    Gary hando 21
    dai Cooper 20
    Wayne Brookes 19

c Grade

Steve rosier 29
    stuart Kingshot 26
    D.Arnold 21
    P.Arnold 17
    Annette James 17
    ryan hughes 15
    Phil Buedelarr 13
    Len harris 13
    c.Watner 10 (Spring)
    n.morgan 8

2. Welshlass75

Welshlass75 Member

Club:
    BLAENAU GWENT
    We'll done Dafydd Arnold, first competition medal won. Thank you all for a great day, as usual Howard's food was first class. :)

3. LittleJack

LittleJack Active Member

Club:
    Blaenau Gwent
    Dafydd is the man of the day for me. Well done mate.
    Jack

4. LittleJack

LittleJack Active Member

Club:
    Blaenau Gwent
    Where is your score Simon?

5. harry 400

harry 400 Member

Club:
    BLAENAU GWENT
    I'll second that.thats a MEGA bit of top bombing first time out of the stable's well done mate;)

6. BDL

BDL Dangerous

Club:
    Blaenau Gwent
    25 I think for Si..

I'll 3rd it too mate Def good shooting, very well done Dafydd

7. NJR 100

Club:
    I stopped at t18 jack. waste of time.

8. berty177

berty177 Judge Diva

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    Good shoot today..,

I enjoyed the shoot today lads..

Top shooting by dafydd...

Come on simon where's your card fella..

No need to hide it from the world.. Your better than that..

Berty

9. Steveglass

Steveglass Non member

Nice One

Top bombing Dafydd!! And didn't hear him winge once about the lanes with a slight 45 degree angle. Nice one kid ;)

10. bionicredhead

bionicredhead Taller than my old man :p

Club:
    B/Gwent
    Not handing in your score card constitutes a score of 1 doesnt it? surely its better to hand in whatever you've scored to avoid that.

11. tonto.boy

tonto.boy Member

Club:
    Nelson Air Rifle Club.
    I shot crap but my card went in.

12. dozbadthebad

dozbadthebad NEFTA Clasic 2018

Club:
    NELSON
    The wind pumped me droped 2 in first 30 7 in last 10 I love and hate this ground bluddy wind
    But all in all a top shoot
    Doz :eek:o

13. BDL

BDL Dangerous

Club:
    Blaenau Gwent
    I recon you had the sharp end of the wind mate on the last two when I was with you, def windier than when I was there.

It got most of us at some point..... The BGwent wind god is more like the devil lol

14. NJR 100

Club:

The shoot was no reflection on my shooting skills due to the physical "disability" I suffer on anti Aircraft angled shots.
    I cant breath on those steep angled shots and have no wish to spend £200 + on an Oscar pistorius leg.

As such, I with held my card as I effectively walked off the course after t18? But of course I kept Dave Williams company till the end. Poor Dave faired little better, for someone who is leading Bfta B grade to miss the plate 3 if not 4 times on the uphill shots, it shows how the course was not for all to me.

I`ll be happy to be in B or A grade for 2014/15 Wafta series though. I have pointed out the failings of the wafta rule previously.
    Easy Money :D

Photos from Sunday on Bfta

http://www.thebfta.net/forum/index.php/topic,696.0.html

15. BDL

BDL Dangerous

Club:
    Blaenau Gwent
    If you rule out the 4 hard targets two lanes that leaves a potential 36 for grabs, this would leave the rest down to the shooter.

The remaining misses are then down to whom?

Not dialling one is a simple mistake everyone makes, this leaves a potential 35.

Deciding to then shoot the rest kneeling is just throwing the toys out of the pram in my eyes.

As for not putting in a card with a 25 is a way of grade protection as I've said at meetings too, it would then also affect a bfta grade. We know you don't add 1's to the beta rolling scores.

Bri

16. NJR 100

Club:

And that's why your not in AA.;)

I fluked the two targets in Lane 1, hit both but apologised to Dave as they were both fluke shots, I could not hold the gun on them. I think he missed both, may have even missed the plate on one? So lucky start. But I don't do lucky shots.

Clear after 8 then missed the 4 in a row, all lifted high as I could not hold the gun while letting shot go.
    So, with 28 shots to go including 4 standers and the increased wind in the field, I had to hold onto 1 more miss through no fault of my shooting skill.
    and that's the bit that pees me off, its a completion about shooting skill? Well only on course like this if you have a spare leg off a coffee table to bolt on.
    not for me.

Still peed off about the 4 misses although I had hit the next 6, I forgot to dial for the stander. At first I thaught I had pulled the shot as it went high. Only when i went to dial 2nd stander i saw what had happened. That peed me off even more and was a contributing factor in missing other stander.
    at which point I "left the course" having wasted my day.
    I took the shots kneeling just to speed things up and get myself away asap.

Quite happy to put in low cards when I have not shot well, but wont put one in when other factors are to blame.
    Even happier to be shooting A grade in Wafta against you next year?:)

17. BDL

BDL Dangerous

Club:
    Blaenau Gwent
    1st year nearly down with a aim of shooting my way up, not opting up is almost there so happy with that.

Everyone finished the course wind and all, not one C or B grade moaned about the course.

In my eyes the ability to shoot all courses makes a skilled and adaptable shooter, not someone who picks grounds and shoots on ease and flatness or ones that they have been shooting and practicing for weeks.

You'll find BGwent never practice on a shoot for weeks before or in the case of the GP course never or months and then lanes get tweaked.

As for kneeling to speed things up good excuse mate must make a note of that one lmao

18. NJR 100

Club:
    Strange, I was told the week before there was a practice course on the lanes used sunday, by someone who shot it!

I`ve got some cotton buds you can have!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  19. LittleJack

LittleJack Active Member

Club:
    Blaenau Gwent
    Not being funny simon but your own club members have said me that you pretty much practice courses then use the lanes in a shoot you can see that with how worn the lanes are and with the your results the only shoots you ever seem to do well at is tondu or oaktree. Yes Blaenau put out 20 shots a week for practice for the members that don't travel... maybe a few of the lanes were used last Sunday but none of the same targets.
    Virgin ground never been shot before next weekend so we'll see how well you fair off there???

20. NJR 100

Club:
    In the last 8 years, very few Targets at tondu have been shot in situ before a shoot. I move every target on a practice course for a "main" shoot.
    Of course lanes are re-used, we don't have huge amounts of manpower to completely build a new course every time. It took 3 of us 4 hours to clear "well worn" lanes today as the Top practice course has not been shot for 2+ months?
    Many clubs are the same?
    You seem to be contradicting Bdl comments and backing up what i was told?
    By don't travel, I cant make out who you mean. The results from BG the week previous to sundays shoot show 19 entries doing the "club" shoot, of which 17 entered sunday!

But you know what, I don't really mind people shooting courses the week before or when ever because on the day, if its a good testing course with wind, it will be different from the week before.
    Infact at tondu today, doing 3 in a row, almost every shot on the windy lanes was different and it took me 7-9 shots to clear some targets as every pellet strike was in a different place on the good lanes.
    Even if you were using the same posts sunday that are fixed in the ground, I am presuming the line was different? So that they did not know ranges. As I said, thats what we do at tondu, but we have movable stands. May be same lanes (November shoot May use same lanes as last time on bottom ponds as we have two shoots this winter,) but I move every target in range and where I can, angle.

As for you comment on my results, erm, lost me? I think your saying I only do well at grounds I practise on, ie Tondu and Oaktree. I expected better of you.
    Top AA at Castleton? Last time I shot Castleton? 2 years ago I think, could be longer?
    Last Tondu shoot, I was bottom AA. so much for home advantage??
    Oaktree, I shoot it about 4-6 times a year usually. As far as I can remember, we have changed the course before each shoot in last couple of years, same as is happening for Aug 3. Last time I had a good result at Oaktree was a day of no wind /in the kill, so it all came down to standers & Kneelers. I must have had a lucky day!
    I had not shot some of the Mfta grounds over the winter and even the ones I had been to before had different lines /targets, but did ok there.
    So perhaps what practise does is just make me a better shooter, sometimes at home, sometimes away?