Wafta FT 2013 / 14 Rd 1

Discussion in 'Calender Events' started by NJR 100, Aug 27, 2013.

1. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    Castleton for Rd 1

2. zahed2010

zahed2010 Member

Club:
    Casleton FT Club
    Date change

Simon, I've been advised this event is now a week later??

3. NJR 100

Club:
    Castleton is now scheduled to be rd 1?

4. fudge-1200

fudge-1200 New Member

Club:
    Castleton, FTC
    Simon.
    Looking at my list Round 8 was at Tondu TC on 8th Sep so Oaktree should be No9, Castleton No10.
    Gary.

5. harry 400

harry 400 Member

Club:
    BLAENAU GWENT
    Gary it's the start of the winter series now oak tree was the first shoot but the weather put paid to that i think castleton is doing it now hope this helps

6. fudge-1200

fudge-1200 New Member

Club:
    Castleton, FTC
    Hiya Jase.
    I thought now they had done away with the Summer/Winter system, the (New) System started at 1 and went right through, I might be talking complete B)??*ox:confused: and You may be correct so you can give me a smack when you see me:D

7. fudge-1200

fudge-1200 New Member

Club:
    Castleton, FTC
    Just re read your post, Do you mean Castleton is now putting on the shoot instead of Oaktree as the last I heard was Pat had put it back a week to the 24th Nov.

8. harry 400

harry 400 Member

Club:
    BLAENAU GWENT
    AH dont know Gar someone will come and put us rite soon.And yes i will give you a smack lol how about it's that hard it will cost you a tenner to come back in a taxi lol:eek: see you soon :D

9. harry 400

harry 400 Member

Club:
    BLAENAU GWENT
    Gary i got it wrong it's on the top of the home page on the shoot dates.So you can smack me now lol:eek:o

10. fudge-1200

fudge-1200 New Member

Club:
    Castleton, FTC
    Looking Forward to it:eek:

11. zahed2010

zahed2010 Member

Club:
    Casleton FT Club
    I think Oaktree is still round 1, Castleton round 2, but both events moved back a week.

12. zahed2010

zahed2010 Member

Club:
    Casleton FT Club
    ............although looking at the events calendar, I might be wrong :confused:

13. fudge-1200

fudge-1200 New Member

Club:
    Castleton, FTC
    Just had a look on WAFTA All it says is Oct to Sept 16 Rounds not much help...

14. BDL

BDL Dangerous

Club:
    Blaenau Gwent
    Confused.com

Still not sure what's going on???

Call me blonde but the WAFTA sites not been updated as far as I can see.....

If I'm correct it's a bit like a p*ss up in a brewery

Dates I have from the last meeting are

3rd Nov - Oaktree
    17th Non - Castleton
    8th Dec - Blaenau Gwent
    12th Jan - Quarry
    23rd Feb - Tondu
    16th Mar - Nelson
    30th Mar - Target FT

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  15. fudge-1200

fudge-1200 New Member

Club:
    Castleton, FTC
    WAFTA web site is a waste of time, it gives no relevant information whatsoever.

16. fatwelshboy

fatwelshboy Member

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    Just to add to the confusion.......

Does anyone know what's happening with grades and shoot rules?

At the Blaenau shoot (start of last series) a meeting was held and it was decided that any shooter could elect to go up a grade, but only for one series. Whatever your BFTA rolling twenty grade was at the end of the series would be locked in for the next series. A point was made there would be no electing to go up a grade. Has there been a change of plan on this?

Also, the last event at Target wasn't shot to BFTA rules because, apparently, they don't apply to WAFTA shoots? This created some confusion, can someone please clarify what rules will be used for the coming series please.

17. fudge-1200

fudge-1200 New Member

Club:
    Castleton, FTC
    This is what you will find on the WAFTA site regarding anything to do with grading.

CHAIRMANS REPORT 2012

As of October 2012, WAFTA has changed its shooting calender to a year round series from October – September
    16 rounds, 12 best scores to count.
    A rolling average score will be implemented, possibly a rolling 16 and the scores like Bfta and other regions will now be done on % not points.

18. NJR 100

Club:

Seems so;)

I am sure if you have the time the Wafta web master would welcome input from you or others to help update things, not just shoot dates but perhaps photos, reports etc.
    Its your wafta :confused:

I suspect you need to contact John johnston for full details?
    Common sense would dictate that the 2012/13 Wafta rolling % is carrried over to 2013/14?
    Otherwise, if a clean slate arrives every October then it opens the loopholes for ringing!!

I am not sure about the details of the B/g shoot, i dont recall those "rules" being put down and I would have thaught the wafta AGM is the only place, baring an Egm they could be set.
    Any shooter should be able to go up a grade or more, but neve down unless re-graded.

I was not at the Target Shoot, Could you expand on what Bfta Rules were broken please Chris?

I am sure wafta constitution says Wafta shoots are shot to bfta rules?

Hope that helps

19. sportsmatch

sportsmatch Member

Club:
    Quarry Rifles
    Only target wrong that I remember was the las set of standers 1 was 48 yds the other was around 38/42 yds if I remember correct
    Got the day off so if a shoot is on great .Then off to see Mickey Flanagan in the evening :D

Gary

20. fatwelshboy

fatwelshboy Member

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    The last series started at Avon Hawks. There were some arguments because WAFTA had no rule allowing a shooter to elect up to a higher grade. An emergency meeting was held on the morning of the next shoot (Blaenau). The result of the meeting, as I recall, was that shooters could elect to go up a single grade and that all shooters must elect to go up by the third shoot of the series. This was a one series deal and that the next series would be shot with grades locked down. Notes were recorded at the meeting so perhaps these need to be dug out as my recollection may be slightly off.

Gary's right about the standers being over the combined distance, not a big problem but if WAFTA shoots are not to BFTA rules then what rules are there? The standing lane was flagged up before any shooters had shot it and the reply was "the course doesn't need to be to BFTA rules, it's WAFTA main rules today". If that is correct then where are the main rules for WAFTA?

It would be nice to know before the first shoot so people aren't arguing over grades again. Finally, if WAFTA are using their own rules can the scores be put into the BFTA rolling twenty?