WAFTA 2012 /2013 FT Championship rd 10 @ Tondu

Discussion in 'Calender Events' started by NJR 100, Mar 26, 2013.

1. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    Wafta rd 10 of 16

Tondu AR & FTC

Expect to put the main up the Banks and top ponds and an "all mini / reducer " Vermin side shoot. Practise for Germany?

Will also have long range side shoot

Extreme 10 shot side shoot.

Zero range, position tbc!

hopefully the weather will be good so make it a full days shooting

2. NJR 100

Club:
    Plan B

Walked the proposed "Wafta" Ft course yesterday to get some ide of the work envolved in clearing lanes. Lots to do!

Top ponds will be course start, wet feet for someone as we have a number of tress rooted in the ponds that need to be cut back. Easy lane 1 so all (me) get a good start and then 4 very long, hard and usually wind effected lanes, will try and switch the angles from lane to lane. 8 ex 10 off the ponds would be good shooting:eek:

Along the Top banks then but shorter ranges than we have used before, think Germay will be alot of uphill / downhill shots so will try and get a few steep / high shots in for practise? Line will be a bit further foward than usuall

Course will then follow a route we used about 2 years ago (lots of clearing to do) then going down the bank and into the bowl, using steeper shots placed high up on the Bowl (Current zero area). Not long ranges, but a fair selection of mini kills as long as the wind is not as it was for yesterdays practise session
    Finish off back up by the edge of our Woods
    Standers wont be long but there will be 4, same for kneelers. Mini kills dependant on wind come the day.
    Main ft is £6 entry, prize money dependant on entries
    Top score on the day recieves the John Thomas Memorial Trophy and this year an additional £20 ontop of the Class prize money.

Woods will be used for easy ft.
    The intial Easy ft course I put out in the winter turned out to not be as easy as I thaught. We have been trying different things out on club days and I think we have the balance better for this shoot.
    20 targets, mostly bigger 45 ml kills, about 4 reduces but all short range!
    think there is only 1 45ml kill over 40 yards? Hopefllly most will hot 75% or more.
    £3 entry, cash prizes dependant on entries but at least £10 to the winner.
    Might introduce a handicap system so any A, AA shooters dont wn, B class even "Gadget" lol
    Easy ft is for those that dont normally shoot fT!

Extreme Side shoot.
    Using the Easy Ft course, 3 points for standing, 2 for kneeling and 1 for sitting.
    £2 entry, 20 first place prize money.

Dont bank on LittleJack clearing all 20 just because i will have made the course easier than last time????

If time and helping hands allow, will also put on another side shoot, probably 10 / 15 or 20 shot side shoot?
    Might even consider a pistol side shoot if there is enough interest?

More to follow but it should be another Good days shooting at Tondu AR & FTC:)

Last edited: May 9, 2013
  3. NJR 100

Club:
    Looking good

Main and east ft course are out and looking good.

Easy Ft is "Easier" this time!
    Av range is 25 yards so not too far and only 5 reducers.
    £3 entry, cash prizes dependant on entries but at least £10 to the winner.

As the extreme Side shoot I think the easy ft course could be cleared standing?? couple of testing shots but that Harris lad ain't bad on his feet:)
    Using the Easy Ft course, 3 points for standing, 2 for kneeling and 1 for sitting.
    £2 entry, £20 first place prize money.

Main course is looking good, harder than we normally put out but practise is needed for the worlds?.

Top ponds have 10 targets with a couple of Virgin targets, some angled and plenty to make you think about each shot. T1 is a gimmie though to get enveryone (me) off to a good start?
    If sundays wind is up then 8 ex 10 off the ponds will be good.

Banks have a couple of tricky shots and a couple of long ones, 14 targets of which 5 or 6 can easily turn to a miss

Bowl area is short range but lots of mini kills and steep shots, practise for germany ???
    15 ml will test, as will a couple of the steeper reducers?

3 Standers are fairly short, but tricky with the angle? 1 fair length stander
    Same for Kneelers, 2 short, 1 average 1 long one to finish the course?
    Should be a testing couse, sundays wind is forcast 10 mph. My guess is top will be 34 with not many in the 30+?

Hope to see you there??

9 am start

Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
  4. mikewills8904

mikewills8904 walthers last the course

Club:
    oaktree ftc and tondu ftc
    Tondu and John Thomas memorial shoot

Well done to Simon Evans and the tondu boys for a cracking shoot today ,course was very good with some nice high shots ,not many gimmes today but a wispy wind made it interesting ,
    Well one to Simon Evans on winning the shoot with a 38
    Followed by jack on. 37
    Berty and Gary on 36
    Me on 35 ,,,,,yes I missed 2standers and yes 1 was 20 yards

Think a class was won by Steve Chubb
    Not sure on b class
    C class was won by tosh

Side shoot was good easy ft .
    Top shooting from berty again on a clear round
    Berty 60
    Me 56
    Jack. 54

Good shoot ,good course ,good company

Well done to all involved

5. TOSH

TOSH Member

Club:
    Oaktree ftc. Tondu ftc
    Tondu

Well done to Simon and the gang. Had a great day shooting. Really enjoyed the course, the company and the good crack that comes with it.
    Nice to see big mike shooting the comps again although he still cheated me and gadget on the extreme.
    Simon Evans needs to get hold of his apprentice and sort his bin scores out.