Vortex viper 2.5-10x32 ffp Ebr1 mrad

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by jedi020, Oct 25, 2013.

1. jedi020

jedi020 Red Dwarf

Club:
    Dunfermline Arc .... Juniper Green Arc
    How many of you have been looking into one of these scopes,or has any of you got one..

I've had mine for over a month now and it's looking pretty good so far...

Would you consider getting one.

James

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  2. James0807

James0807 Member

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    Vortex

I had a look through one, I did not think it was any where near as bright as a Leupold but that is just me.

Cheers.

3. jedi020

jedi020 Red Dwarf

Club:
    Which version ???i had a look through the 2.5-8x36 mk4,lacks image up against the vortex or sightron.

James

4. James0807

James0807 Member

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    The version you talk of the mk4 2.5-8x36.

What do you mean lacks image? I have had, looked through and owned many scopes over the years, the leupold are best for my eyes, the clarity from these scopes is first class. I was really surprised at how dull the little 1-10 march was compared to the Leup.

I have just acquired a 3.5-10x40 illuminated mk4, I will be testing it over the winter.

BR

5. Tench

Tench WHFTA World Champion 2016.

I believe i had a look through your Viper before you did :D i quite like it especialy the reticle and would give it serious consideration if i was in the market for a new scope. But i have what i allready consider to be a very good scope the Night Force 2.5-10x24 so i dont have a need but for half the price of the NF it is a cracking scope.

6. jedi020

jedi020 Red Dwarf

Club:
    Defo tench the nightforce is optically way better than the vortex,I hate looking through Greg's NF,as for the 36 MK4 doesn't work well in dull to shaded wood,proved that at Cambridge,but James if you like it more power to you,I just thought they were over priced because of its badge,NF would be a way better scope over a mk4...

Just an opinion mind....

7. McMurphy

McMurphy New Member

I've been mulling these over for a while myself, may already have had one but for unexpectedly having to fork out what I'd saved on **** I've no wish to fork out for :D
    Is it just me this happens too or anyone else? :D

8. blackscale

blackscale Member

Like to try one out but i feel the objective may be too small for dark shoots! :D

9. James0807

James0807 Member

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    I have never had a problem in wooded areas, in fact the scope is very bright.

Cheers.

10. funkedup

funkedup New Member

I have one, but I have purchased it for hunting, and have to say I love the little scope.

I don't find the objective size an issue in woodland or overcast conditions. The image is very crisp and bright, I usually have it set on 8x mag, but I may drop it to 6x around dusk.

i then use a NM400 Red for the lamp and it performs really well with this. The ret is handy and so are the illumination stages with the off position between each brightness setting.

I wanted this scope for its size, the fact it is FFP and the ret.

here it is

[​IMG]

11. Tone

Tone Member

Club:
    Bristol Aero & Quarry Hunters
    I have just bought one off Darrin of XTX as a bit of a project so look forward to having a play over the next few months.

The little leup mk4 is still the scope of choice out there and James confidence and results are undeniable. However, it's looks like the viper has got some potential as a more affordable contender.

Tony

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014