Valuation Help Wanted

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by airborn68, Nov 18, 2014.

1. airborn68

airborn68 Member

Club:
    Ponte & Hull & District Ft (secretary)
    Hi Guy's

A friend is parting with his collection, which I will shortly put up for sale on here but need some help with valuations.

No 1. Record Jumbo pistol 177, original box & paper work excellent condition.

No 2. Smith & Wesson 686 co2 revolver, 177. 3 mags. 4" & 6" barrels & silencer. Case & paper work in excellent condition.

No 3. Vintage BSA standard 2 in .22 serial No S11812. approx manufacture 1920. In very good condition, bluing in tact, wood work good & shoots sweet.
    I was thinking around £300 does this seem reasonable, I have seen a couple in a lot poorer condition for £225-250.
    Want to Price stuff at a fair price to sell but not give it away if you know what I mean :confused:

Regards Jon

2. DEAN C.

DEAN C. Steyr Convert

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    Hi Jon,
    I dont know about the pistol and revolver but the BSA Standard obviously depends on model and condition.

You can identify the exact model on John Knibbs site, and my best advice for the BSA is ask the same question on the collectors corner on the BBS. They will tell you exactly what it is and values.Sorry if this sounds vague.
    Try 'Rosie and John' on the BBS as he is the airgun writer and collector John Milewski and is very helpful and is usually bang on the nail with values.

3. airborn68

airborn68 Member

Club:
    Ponte & Hull & District Ft (secretary)
    Cheers Dean