V-mach race muzzle brake

Discussion in 'Piston & Spring' started by Sc0, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Sc0

Sc0 New Member

Trying to fit one on my newer manufactured HW77k, am having issues. Removing the front sight block seems to require more than lots of heat with a wooden block.. Going to use a 30ton press in a little bit so that should be taken care of.

The issue is my underlever has a spring loaded wide nosed plunger. I am not seeing how the lever is retained with the Vmach front end fitted? The Vmach has a threaded hole where a spring loaded ball bearing plunger goes in, remove it and it's a large threaded hole. It does have a steel piece included with a countersink hole but have no idea where it goes?

2. Craigjohnmaz

Craigjohnmaz New Member

Club:
    Furnace mill
    Have you rang Steve at vmach? I bought a race brake and he did talk me throgh the fitting via phone but i ended up taking it to him as hes local

3. Sc0

Sc0 New Member

Yup, emailed him but I am far from being local to him..

RobF likes this.
  4. Craigjohnmaz

Craigjohnmaz New Member

Club:
    Furnace mill
    Heres a few pics as requested 5C72657B-0874-4ABC-8E30-58CCEA402C4D.jpeg C99C0A84-2C2F-4A58-B4F9-D8D1D9443477.jpeg DC7ACD08-FC98-4667-808F-BD368B75F90E.jpeg

5. Sc0

Sc0 New Member

Very nice looking rifle and much appreciative! Tried to call Steven earlier today but ended up just leaving a message on voicemail.

Able to see how the steel cap is retained to the cocking lever end? Is the cap able to rotate inside the lever?

6. Craigjohnmaz

Craigjohnmaz New Member

Club:
    Furnace mill
    Thanks, its doesnt rotate, Im pretty sure its drilled and fitted, sorry I cant be of anymore help, im sure Steve will be back in contact

7. Joha

Joha New Member

Club:
    DFTA

Attached Files:

8. Sc0

Sc0 New Member

PERFECT!!!! Will get started on it tonight. I searched for what I could in English, should have checked German websites as well...

9. Sc0

Sc0 New Member

Got it sorted out, then received an email from Steve P. For informational purposes in case some bloke runs into the same issue:

2.5mm drill and drill the small center punch divot from the front of the cocking arm. The bit only needs to go through the wall of the tubing. With some effort the plunger assembly will eventually slide out of the front.

Run a M3 tap through the small drilled hole and insert the grub filler screw with some loctite.

The stainless steel end piece with the hole is then pressed in with loctite to secure it to the cocking rod.

skires and Adam like this.