NEFTA Using ukahft rules

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by Broc968, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Broc968

Broc968 Active Member

Club:
    anston shooting club
    See now in hft we can now use windicator. Buthooks and ft hooks does that mean you can have a hook more that two and quarter inch long plus how do you shoot prone using ft style hook on

2. MickyFinn

MickyFinn I❤HFT

Club:
    The Anston Massive & Kingsley HFT
    only in NEFTA Hunter shoots

3. Dan Smith

Dan Smith Active Member

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    I think its the stand kneel class who'll use the FT hooks!

MickyFinn likes this.
  4. Bellerophon

Bellerophon Active Member

To give a brief simplification of what rules will now Ben utilised for HFT shooters in the NEFTA Hunter Series;

1. Windicators are now allowed as per UKAHFT
    2. 25mm hit zones can be placed out to maximum 40 yards on prone shots only
    3. Up to 6 x 15mm hit zones can be used from 13y-25y on prone shots only
    4. Supported standing kneeling shots. 25mm hit zones can be used up to a maximum of 30y. Over 30y 35-45mm can be used
    5. Supported kneeling shots with hit zone of a minimum of 35mm can be placed at a maximum of 40y

Please be aware that it's the format NEFTA have adopted however they will still be using 2 targets per lane so that means there will twice as many unsupported shots as found on a UKAHFT course. In my opinion this should hopefully bring NEFTA up to pace with modern HFT courses, they are more challenging but history dictates that although initially scores may drop they bounce back pretty quickly once people come to grips with the format. Ultimately it makes us all better shooters. As a side note with the inclusion of Lincs HFT club within NEFTA this will enhance the HFT profile as these guys really have a proper hold on HFT course setting! I think people will be a little surprised when shooting there.

subaru swift, RobF, pops and 3 others like this.
  5. nick2

nick2 Active Member

Club:
    Lincs HFT
    Thanks for the compliments Kieran, that now adds a bit more pressure on us :). We have not tried setting a 2 targets per lane course yet & as you know some of our sloping lanes dont lend themselves to the Standing/ Kneeler class. In order to use lanes above & below the hedge line, we may have to look into levelling some of the ground off. More thought than usual will have to be put into it but hopefully we can live up to expectations.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
    MickyFinn likes this.
  6. pops

pops Member

Club:
    anston massive
    Kieran, please can you clear this up for us as it came under a lot of debate at the first Hunter at York

Can the windicator be of the folding variety when doing HFT NEFTA NEW RULES ?

How long can the hook be on your butt hook HFT NEFTA NEW RULES ?

Cheers
    Pops

7. Bellerophon

Bellerophon Active Member

2018 Rules - UKAHFT

To answer your questions specifically in the 2018 rules, foldable windicators are allowed.

With regards to FT butt hooks they are a no go. Paddle type hooks are ok so long as the length of each paddle is no longer than 2.25"

I've included the UKAHFT 2018 rules to avoid confusion.

subaru swift likes this.
  8. pops

pops Member

Club:
    anston massive
    Many thanks Kieran, I will try and digest before ponte tomorrow

9. Rotherham Owl

Rotherham Owl It's all about the enthusiasm!

Club:
    Paint chipping for Air Arms, Ireland, Kingsley & Anston.
    It will be an eye opener for some with the UKAHFT rules being adopted but from the point of view of someone that mostly shoots to these rules it is great. The previous format, in particular kill size rules, meant that although some flattering scores could be achieved,it wasn't great for building experience to take to UKAHFT rules shoots.

Emley & Anston have quite a bit of experience of building great UKAHFT rules courses but, as Kieran has said, the wind that seems ever present at Lincs and the crafty course builders will make it a real challenge! Can't wait!

10. bow

bow Active Member

Hope we'll do you proud at Ponte young owl. Bring ya A game Steve. Let's see if we can knock you down a peg or two. Lincs do it every time to me.

11. bow

bow Active Member

I am a cruel man.
    Helping to set the Ponte coarse this morning, hope you all enjoy it. It dawned on me. It is flat is Ponte no down hill shots, no uphill as such. Without the bowl of doom. Then saying that only if the wind blows. Which I think they've forgot to order. Its does seem to be quite straight forward . Ok theirs the disciplines to put a few off but the big boy's like a challenge.
    So don't be put off if you done badly. It's not your fault it's the coarse setters. I think they've been quite kind. For all I kept thinking.
    45yds 15ml kill. 37yds 15ml kill, 42 standing ok 20m kill. I am a cruel man.
    Didn't realize how kind kieth and Mark x2 were.
    I kind of enjoyed myself today hehe. Good luck.
    What rules?

pops likes this.
  12. martin blue eyes

martin blue eyes shoot, pray and hope

Club:
    Emley
    Does that mean you can move/fold away a windicator between lanes to put it in a gun bag or if say you knock it has to stay where it has moved to ???

13. pops

pops Member

Club:
    anston massive
    As Kieran has kindly cleared up Martin,
    YOU CAN SWING YOUR WINDICATOR AROUND AS MUCH AS YOU LIKE

MickyFinn likes this.
  14. TREV RYN

TREV RYN https://www.neftaonline.org/ Staff Member

skelmanthorpe ,west yorkshire,emley moor ftc
    Bellerophon likes this.
  15. Broc968

Broc968 Active Member

Club:
    anston shooting club
    Ty to all the lads input on this thread
    And ty to Kieran putting up the size for butt hooks.still if ft hooks where allowed how would shoot prone ,finally got good thread going on the forum