update on mp letter re-:airgun ban

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by martin c, Dec 4, 2009.

1. martin c

martin c New Member

I recently posted that I had sent an e-mail to my local mp , rt hon francis maude mp ( former chairman of the conservative party and still a leading figure in the party ) on the subject of the proposed plan for the transferance of power to scotland enabling them to ban airguns.

I recieved this reply today from his offices in westminster so have a read and see what you think , personally it doesn't sound to good to me.

ps if any-one out there can explain the point about battle re-enactments at airshows please let me know.:confused::confused:

pps sorry about the quality

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      408.1 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      216.9 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
  2. D Martin

D Martin Non member

It reads to me that he's saying if you have a legitimate reason for owning an air rifle, i.e sport or own and use a weapon that is to be used in reinactment then you won't have much to worry about.Sounds like they want to target the minority of illegal users that are giving our sport a bad name.
    If this is to be the case then happy days but polititicians have a nasty habbit of saying one thing then doing something completely different so we'll have to wait out the storm to see the outcome.:(

Dave

3. raygun

raygun Non member

Unfortunately the bloke doesn't have a clue.

His own party have now said they are against devolution to Scotland but I suspect it's only because they can "sell" it later when in power.

Typical of an MP. Totally uninformed unless it's expenses related. It's obvious he doesn't even understand your question.

ATB
    Ray.

4. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    dunno, but it sounds at least like there's some leverage on the detail that they want to make sure scotland doesn't become a pain for england (and wales)

5. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    perhaps write back to him and ask him what he's on about... and state your publishing his response on the net, so he might want to take some time looking into it...

6. martin c

martin c New Member

good idea

think i might just do that

7. steg

steg Member

Club:
    Emley Moor
    Battle re-enactments???....maybe we change the targets from birds,rabbits,rats etc...to Panzer tanks.Mercedes staff cars and the Bundesschild emblem..(I think we already have one at EM...reduced kill... fooker to get)...there you go compliance...sorted;)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2009