Unsupported Kneelers

Discussion in 'UKAHFT Questions and Answers' started by oldybutgoody, Oct 2, 2011.

1. oldybutgoody

oldybutgoody Member

Club:
    Glevum
    A question to the great and good re unsupported kneelers.

On an unsupported kneeler if the peg is high enough are you allowed to rest the back of your hand on the top of the peg?

I think not, but a question came up today on a target and there was a dscussion on the rights and wrongs of this position.

So I thought I would ask the all knowing forum. Thanks in advance.

Mick

2. sultano

sultano Member

Club:
    cambridge hft
    the peg should not be high enough to give support , hence the term "unsupported" :D

3. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

As long as some part of you or your rifle is touching the peg & the trigger is behind the peg/firing line you can rest on anything, this includes the top of the peg or any other near by object.

The limiting factor being....is the shot being taken from a legal kneeling or standing position.

4. sultano

sultano Member

Club:
    cambridge hft
    surely that is a supported kneeler :confused: the limiting factor being .....is it "unsupported " :D:D

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  5. sultano

sultano Member

Club:
    cambridge hft
    <LI style="mso-list: l4 level1 lfo8; tab-stops: list .5in" class=MsoNormal3>from the UKAHFT rules<LI style="mso-list: l4 level1 lfo8; tab-stops: list .5in" class=MsoNormal3><LI style="mso-list: l4 level1 lfo8; tab-stops: list .5in" class=MsoNormal3><LI style="mso-list: l4 level1 lfo8; tab-stops: list .5in" class=MsoNormal3><LI style="mso-list: l4 level1 lfo8; tab-stops: list .5in" class=MsoNormal3>Kneeling - The kneeling position is defined as only 3 points of contact with the ground (2 feet & 1 knee).The rear foot shall be upright and straight in line with the knee, sitting on a turned foot is not allowed. A bean bag may be used to support the knee, shin or foot area only. The leading hand only will support the gun and forward of the wrist the hand should itself be unsupported, please be aware that the hand cannot be dropped to allow the wrist joint, arm or any other part of the body to support the rifle. The leading hand should also be forward of the knee, to illustrate this the supporting hand should be dropped down vertically, if it contacts with any part of the knee/leg the supporting hand is deemed too far back & therefore not forward of the knee.

6. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

If there's support available, you can use it. It's down to the course setters to whack the pegs in low enough.;)

7. Knockedover

Knockedover Active Member

Even though in UK spec courses there should be one unsupported kneeler per course it isn't specified as such and is just signposted as a kneeling only lane, its my understanding that its the course builders duty to make it unsupported, i.e minimum height peg (300mm) and away from any supporting object, tree, post, etc. If your flexible enough to get down on a 12inch peg then hats off to you :D:D

8. sultano

sultano Member

Club:
    cambridge hft
    read the first post and then the rules :D

The leading hand only will support the gun and forward of the wrist the hand should itself be unsupported,

9. rogb

rogb Member

Haven't you got a moonwalk to finish? Post some pics too please:D

If the peg is high enough and you are bendy enough, place your arm on or next to the peg, next to the opposite knee, which may be outside the peg, reverse kneeling as such, hand forward of the peg, unsupported, as you say. Make sure the hand only supports the rifle, not the arm.
    If you can do it, then it's legal:eek::D
    I'll show you next time, if you like ;)

10. sultano

sultano Member

Club:
    cambridge hft
    that's not what the OP asked though is it ? the rules state you should not have the hand on top of the peg between the peg and rifle , don't they ?

11. sultano

sultano Member

Club:
    cambridge hft
    ok but will you hit anything ? :D

12. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

Alternatively read the first post then my official reply

13. Knockedover

Knockedover Active Member

The rules cover what an unsupported kneeler should be...if the rules covered all kneelers how would you shoot a supported kneeler?????

14. Cop Out & Dead Shot

Cop Out & Dead Shot Member

Club:
    Kingsley HFT
    Sultano, Me thinks that you are arguing for arguments sake. The question has been answered god knows how many times by persons who not only form the regulatory body for the HFT discipline but who's expertise is legendary. Just accept it please and move on.

15. sultano

sultano Member

Club:
    cambridge hft
    supported ?????:D:D:D

16. sultano

sultano Member

Club:
    cambridge hft
    i only copied and pasted the rule :confused: which answered the OPs question

17. oldybutgoody

oldybutgoody Member

Club:
    Glevum
    Unsupported Kneeler

Thank you all for your comments, I will take the official stance that it is allowed and give my shooting buddy and extra point which makes him the winner on the day.
    There you go Tone I was wrong you were right, sorry Rob you came 2nd.

Mick:D

18. bootneckbob

bootneckbob Active Member

Club:
    Shebbear
    Fair enough, complicated rule for what should be a simple position. Why not just bin the pegs and use the disks???

19. Tone

Tone Active Member

Club:
    Bristol Aero & Nomads
    Thanks Mick, as charlts said, its up to the course setters to bang those pegs in so it is impossible to shoot it the way I did today.

I think it is fair that we all shot it the same way in the end so we will keep the scores as they were.

Cheers

Tone

20. Scoch

Scoch HOW!!!

Club:
    Tayside Airgun Club
    Just goes to show the advantage in knowing the rules!