Um, hello - sort of back from a 10 year shooting hiatus.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by peterh, Aug 5, 2013.

1. peterh

peterh Stoopit forriner.

Hi,

I'm peter, from The Netherlands, currently 55 yards old. In the early noughties (2000-2003), my wife and I shot quite a bit of FT (with some success), but got out of it when other priorities (such as grandchildren) elbowed their way in.

Early June, I somehow decided to pick up my old match rifle (an Air Arms 100, nut completely unlike an NJR) from the rack after 10 year of neglect. It appeared to have 140 bar left, and put pellet on top of pellet.

... hook, line and sinker. Since we have a nice back yard (actually an around the house-yard), we can always find a suitable distance somewhere (up to 45 meter is no problem at all).

A bit more about our gear (with pics) can be found on http://peterhuppertz.net/blog/blog/2013/07/20/air-rifles-neglected-and-resurrected/

cheers,
    peter

2. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    Hopefully we will see you over here some time soon Peter?

Good to be back aint it:)

3. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Welcome back :)

4. peterh

peterh Stoopit forriner.

Hmm, not so sure.
    I'd really love to... I love England (and yes, Scotland too... I got married there!). But usually, when we ferried across the channel, we crashed at Dave Monck's place. Dave and I became very good friends after his second Flirtation with Death and Disaster, which had him staying in a Dutch hospital for seven weeks or thereabouts in 2001. But Dave boarded a ship that sailed to greener pastures in 2008 (which led me to giving up shooting completely altogether... last time I shot a rifle was Dave's HW100 in 2007). Dave and I became very good friends after his second Flirtation with Death and Disaster, which had him staying in a Dutch hospital for seven weeks or thereabouts in 2001.
    And yes, I love shooting in England - I find the completely different circumstances a real challenge (as in: I ususally shoot like crud when I'm in England).

Yes, I know that Lynne would gladly sort me out, but I'm wary of burdening her - she is very busy these days lecturing and travelling. Also, when I would come over (flying is not an option), I'd prefer to do more than one venue, so I'd probably around for a week or so.

So... I'd need to ciome up with a cunning plan.

5. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Might be worth keeping an eye on the BFTA calendar when it's published next year... must be a way to tie in a local shoot with a GP in the same area...if you could do that up north then you'd not probably be a long drive from Hull which ferries in from Rotterdam. We're blasting through that way going to Germany... keep an eye out for a loaded silver estate blur 3 up around the end of August...

6. HotShot

HotShot Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns FTC
    Welcome aboard Peter - I remember the good old days ;)

Dave.