Ultrasonic cleaners

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Knockedover, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Knockedover

Knockedover CSFTA Champ

I've been toying with the idea of getting a ultrasonic cleaner to try for pellet washing (and parts cleaner for those fiddly bits) as I've had the odd tin just lately that I feel could possibly benefit from a clean up. Has anyone tried an ultrasonic cleaner for this purpose? Any pros and cons?

2. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

The pros are it cleans everything from your pellets

The Cons are it eats the pellets also:( or at least mine did when I tried using it to wash pellets, the resulting pellets after 60secs had little holes on the surface

3. griggzy

griggzy Dop's *****

hi vin mate i got a ultrasonic cleaner i used to use it for cleaning my tattoo machine nozzles and tips . ive never used it for washing pellets but id b happy to lend it to you mate so you can give it a try , il bring it to you the next shoot we both at if you want , let me know mate

griggzy :D

4. Knockedover

Knockedover CSFTA Champ

It's what I was concerned of but did wonder if one designed to clean jewellery, dentures, glasses, etc might be more gentle? I'm guessing they run at a lower frequency?

That would be spot on mate :) Will probably be round 1 of the UKs but I'm in no major rush, just something I fancied experimenting with :) Cheers :)

5. griggzy

griggzy Dop's *****

no probs vin il bring it to round 1 of the uk's with me i dont use it anymore so no need to rush to gt it back to me . see you in a few weeks ( not long now :D )

atb
    griggzy

6. Delphinus

Delphinus New Member

Club:
    CTC
    I used it for some time and it really open holes and the pellets will become dark with oxide.

If you want to try one use it plain water and dry them in the oven and lube them as soon as possible.

There s no point in cleaning JSB s probably the only ones that need it are the Crossman.