Uksarc - setting the record straight

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by Gerry, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Gerry

Gerry Member

Club:
    None
    Setting the record straight .

I’ve had my say now .

I'll be shooting occasionally for enjoyment from here on .

My bicycle has now become my passion .....

Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
  2. Weihrauchmad

Weihrauchmad Member

Club:
    Bridgend and district air rifle league....
    I shot in the first round sarc comp at worcester and for what it's worth i thought a brilliant job was done by all.I really enjoyed the day and so did everyone else i have spoken to...

3. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics
    Thats a sad story.

4. XTX

XTX XTX Air

Club:
    Nomads HFT
    I was at that shoot, I think the only problems I spotted were a couple of sticky targets (they were new targets, so are prone to sticking because they have not been "shot in") and the strings getting caught on the springs, which meant they could not be reset. Both of these problems had nothing to do with the people setting up the course, which I thought was a good course :rolleyes:

5. milek

milek Member

Club:
    Nomads
    It is sad. I was one of the members who put the effort in over the weekend and I had no idea there was any fallout over this. I feel partly responsible if something was wrong or someone was not happy.

6. Tye

Tye Shabba

Club:
    Moxons ARC, Tamworth SG,Welsh Covert SG, Whittington GC, Greyhound GC
    Hi I'm also very sorry to hear the news. I can't speak for Johnny and I only know its out of his character he is a ill man. I can't speak for him but know this is not like him but I do remember he was very ill at the time. I really hope Gerry and Johnny can be good mates again both top blokes. I've learnt one thing in life and that its too short and you only get one go at it. We all don't see eye to eye and have different views but we are all in same sport doing what we love best.

7. bootneckbob

bootneckbob Active Member

Club:
    Bideford, Shebbear
    I shot that course too and it was a very good one; but really guys, it's just "fun" is it worth falling out over?
    Jonnhy may have been abrupt with you Gerry and that's not fair but then anyone who's been through what he's going through knows how people can be. It's not an excuse, but how it is, or can be.

You are of course entitled to your opinion Gerry but don't be too hard on yourself, I think almost all of us that shot that day thought it was a great effort on all those that took the time to set it up.

Just my two pennies mate.

8. oldybutgoody

oldybutgoody Member

Club:
    Glevum
    I second Robs statement
    "You are of course entitled to your opinion Gerry but don't be too hard on yourself, I think almost all of us that shot that day thought it was a great effort on all those that took the time to set it up. "

I think we can all be guilty of forgetting that this is meant to be fun for all. Gerry I hope to see you around the various shoots

Mick

9. McMurphy

McMurphy New Member

A damn shame that is!

10. paula

paula Senior Member

It is very sad that all you efforts have been wasted mate but never say never and I for one think SARC has a future and we all need to bear with it untill its big enough to look after its self, it is very early days in the SARC world.
    Hope to see you soon bud in one form of airgun sport or another.
    Take care mate
    ATVB
    Phil

11. superrchriss

superrchriss Welsh Wizard

Club:
    Treetops Sporting Ground
    A damn shame that, personally I enjoyed the first round of SARC, and except for the targets that hadnt been 'shot in' as has already been said, and couldn't be helped by anyone, I had no problem with any targets personally. Will miss Gerry's presence at the rounds, as he's a great man! Hope someday it will be resolved

12. stillwater

stillwater Active Member

Club:
    KSG, Misfits
    Gerry,
    Shame to hear that you have had a disagreement with SARC,
    We have had not always had it smooth with the DMHS, however we never go public with anything that happens as it can only ruin a series especially when it is a new one just starting out.
    We all know Jonny is not a well man and things can be Sid in the heat of the moment especially if your head is in the wrong place.
    IMHO I would suggest you be he bigger man swallow your pride nd ring Jonny for a heart to heart, I am sure between you, you can resolve your differences.

13. Penry

Penry Member

That was my last SARC shoot. I though it was a good shoot and I heard no negative comments on the day or after.I think out of courtesy the people that spoke to Johnny,should PM Gerry and explain there grievances. I believe its Johnny place to phone Gerry On this matter.
    Tom.

14. skires

skires Well-Known Member

Gerry

A lot of passion and anger in that original post fella. Useful emotions if you need to fight your way out of a bar brawl, but in the long term they just pump you full of adrenaline, raise your blood pressure and leave you feeling pretty miserable.

Seems like you and some others did your best to get the shoot on. Seems like Johnny is frustrated that he isn't able to put the shoots on himself at the moment.

No one needs to be right or wrong here. Get it fixed fella. Fix it before it gets too broken. Pick up the phone and call the guy. Even better if you are local then go and see him and share a pot of tea.

No point hanging it out to dry on here. Just get it fixed and carry on shooting your SARC which you enjoy.

15. blackscale

blackscale Member

I agree with Skires, no matter how hard it is, delete this thread and make a call, lots of things are said out of total frustration...rightly or wrongly and life is too short.