UKNeil FTP900 Floating Kit

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Ewan, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Ewan

Ewan Ewan

Club:
    Iden Ferns
    Maybe not classed as a strict review but thought it may be helpful to some who are undecided yet.
    Copied & pasted from an earlier post I did as I didn't want to retype it again, hope that's ok.

After the orange adjusters fitted last night I upped a couple of pics on here & mentioned about using the carbon fibre floating kit I also bought a couple of weeks ago.
    I was, even last night, still contemplating fitting it, woke this morning got downstairs, cup of t, ciggy, started thinking of today's shooting & improving my aim.
    Looked down & saw the 'float' kit sitting there, thought why not, if it don't work nothing lost & I will refit to the original spec.

Ten minutes later it was done, apart from a little boob I made with the internal Hamster brace, a small piece of black metal, tapered both ends, gets pulled against the two metal rods attached to the Hamster, a quick removal & turn around sorted that out, already for the day ahead.

Straight away the rifle is lighter, no nose heavy downwards motion now I thought, it's now shorter by quite a margin so a little more case room, balance has shifted more to the mid point which is better, so far so good.

At the range had quite a few comments on the floating & the orange adjusters, all positive glad to say.
    Had to re zero the kit but apprehensive as I was praying the pellet wouldn't impact the cone in the stripper as I made no adjustments to it, no worries & it shot well.

Zeroed to 30 yards, 15 minutes later bench rested I was producing a single hole with slight edge scarring from subsequent shots, a very happy bunny.
    Slightly quieter than before so all in all a good result.

A few guys wanted a go who had thought about getting an FTP, no problem I said & gladly obliged.
    Positive comments came back which is always good so all in all it paid off taking the plunge.

Had a few enquiries as to where I sourced the stock adjusters from as well.
    Target rifles, I feel, should come with 'in the field adjusters' & not allen bolts anymore as it just makes things so much easier to do.

[​IMG]

2. Waldo

Waldo Active Member

Club:
    B O A C, B R P C ,
    Looks good Ewan ,well done. Go on then, between you and me where did you get the adjusters from ? promise I won`t tell :D

3. ellis d

ellis d Active Member

Club:
    Castle ftc
    AJP engineering or knobman on here;)

4. knob man

knob man New Member

yes thanks mark ajp engineering or on here knob man in stock in black come as a set of three

5. williamromer

williamromer New Member

Club:
    AVFT
    William from Venezuela

Your FTP900 looks great with the floating kit. Please, could you tell me where did you get the kit from ??? any advises in order to do the same work on my FTP 900 ??? Do you know about anybody who builds these floating kits ready to install on the FTP900??? I will appreciate any advise on this particular matter and thanks for sharing the pictures of you FTP in the forum !!!!

6. DeanB

DeanB Member

Club:
    Harriers FTC
    Nice gun. I'm interested, how many screws hold the barrel at the breech and at the muzzle?
    Cheers.
    Dean

7. chrisbaker42

chrisbaker42 Member

No kit is needed to float the FTP, the barrel shroud is purely cosmetic. The only item that could really be considered to be necessary is either an airstripper or moderator, both available from Ukneil who is a member on this forum.

8. Ewan

Ewan Ewan

Club:
    Iden Ferns
    Sorry for the late reply mate been very busy but I also forgot I joined up :eek:o I know I know sorry forum.

Anyway I got them from AJP Engineering, pretty quick turnaround & very handy.
    Hope that helps.

9. Ewan

Ewan Ewan

Club:
    Iden Ferns
    Dean I think there were three Hex head screws holding the action in the stock.

10. Ewan

Ewan Ewan

Club:
    Iden Ferns
    Hi William, I got my kit from UKNeil as already mentioned by Chris.
    Chris is partly right, you don't need a kit, the 'kit' comprises of a length of carbon fibre & the air stripper, you may find however the blueing under the supplied silver shrouds may / may not be up to scratch which is why you sleeve it in something else, in this case carbon fibre.

Takes 15 minutes to carry out & to change back.

I chose to do mine because I was finding the poi was a little random with the FTP as default, now though a 5 shot group at 35 yrds is easy to cover with a 5 pence piece without too much trying.

If the 900 is setup well for yourself inc the scope you can put a pellet through the same hole.

The kit also makes the rifle a wee bit lighter & puts the centre of gravity smack in the middle which is a result.

Above all enjoy your 900, they were a problem when first released but now they are sorted ......... what an accurate piece of kit.

ATB
    Ewan

11. williamromer

williamromer New Member

Club:
    AVFT
    Ewan, thanks very much for your information, I will be working on it as son as posible in order to have my FTP900 floated. I will be posting some images of my FTP900 son !!!!!!!

12. williamromer

williamromer New Member

Club:
    AVFT
    Once again Ewan Thanks very much for your help, can you send me any e-mail addres from UK Neil so I can contact him??? I will really appreciate your help in this matter so I can write to him from Venezuela and do things the best way possible.

13. williamromer

williamromer New Member

Club:
    AVFT
  14. williamromer

williamromer New Member

Club:
    AVFT
    thanks Chrisbaker !!! How can I get in touch with Ukneil ????

15. Ewan

Ewan Ewan

Club:
    Iden Ferns
    PM sent mate.

16. Shaun

Shaun Active Member

Club:
    Harriers
    I contacted Neil by PM and he responded very quickly. I had the pleasure of meeting Neil today and he very kindly fitted his kit for me.

Top bloke :)

Shaun

17. Ewan

Ewan Ewan

Club:
    Iden Ferns
    Nice one Shaun, let us know how you get on with it & if it is better or worse than before as there have been people for & against it.

For me it works a treat.

18. williamromer

williamromer New Member

Club:
    AVFT
    Hi Ewan, after your good advice , I contacted Neil who really help me out al lot and worked things out for me with the floating kits. he already sent me both kits for both of my FTP900 and I should be getting them here in Venezuela this week. I can ´t wait to try them out. As soon as I have my both FTP900 ready with the kits on, I wil try them to see the benefits from a floated barrell. I am sure that my shooting will improve very much. Thanks a lot once again !!!!

19. Ewan

Ewan Ewan

Club:
    Iden Ferns
    Look forward to your findings, works for me though.

Out of the case my 900 is bang on zero each time.

20. williamromer

williamromer New Member

Club:
    AVFT
    Ftp900

I just installed the UK Neil kits on my both FTP 900 and I have been shooting for the las four hour. I was amezed before but now it is very imprsive how accurate my FTP ¨s are !!!! I have only try them for 30 yards and I really love the new looks plus the performance in accuracy. After try them at 55 yards I will let you know !!!!!

Attached Files: