UKBR22 Website

Discussion in 'Benchrest' started by Romah, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Romah

Romah New Member

Club:
    St Giles Yarners
    Unfortunately the guy who has been hosting the UKBR22 website has pulled the plug on us with little/no notice. This only came to light during a committee meeting this lunchtime and steps are already in hand to rectify the situation ASAP.
    Whilst inconvenient this does not affect the normal day to day running of the Association and the
    postal competitions are continuing as normal with temporary arrangements in progress for distribution of scores until normal service is resumed.
    Any rumours re the demise of UKBR22 are pure fiction with maybe a big chunk of wishful thinking in some quarters
    Robb H

Mods, I hope this isn’t out of order, it’s not my intention to promote the Association but merely to inform our members who frequent this forum.

C.Eaton and Peter Trimmer like this.
  2. thebaron

thebaron Member

Club:
    Leics & District (Dowry Hill)
    Thanks for letting us at L&D know Rob. Good luck with the website.
    John

3. Graham freeman

Graham freeman Member

Mr Harrison,

With regards to the closing down of the UKBR22 website. My intentions not to continue to run and manage the site were muted to a committee member Mr Colin Rose over 3 months ago.

Since my initial notification I have e-mailed and spoken face to face with Mr Colin Rose on two occasions and have emailed your Chairman Mr Carl Hanson

My last e-mail being from your Chairman approximately 2 weeks ago.

I have offered advice on how to set up a UKBR22 facebook page to assist in the posting of postal competition results while you arrange a new website

I have also offered help in the transition of the Domain name and all the data required.

If as you say it has come "As a bolt out of the blue" then the fault lies with your committee not myself!

As you have had over 3 months to sort this

G Freeman.

4. Romah

Romah New Member

Club:
    St Giles Yarners
    Graham,

It appears that the breakdown in communication on this matter is entirely the fault of the UKBR22 Management Committee, my failure to check the facts has resulted in an unfounded attack on your integrity.

These posts were penned by myself, no other MC member was involved.

I hope you will accept my unreserved apologies for the inaccurate comments and any subsequent embarrassment these may have caused you.

Robb H.

Brent, Waldo, castle and 1 other person like this.