UKAHFT Trophies

Discussion in 'UKAHFT Official Forum' started by Sparky, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Sparky

Sparky Ich dien Staff Member

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    Other years each club would supply the following 1st to 5th place trophies for the Open Class, 5 team trophies, top ladies trophy and a runner up junior Trophy(in both junior classes) – its was up to the Club if they wanted to supply more (i.e. more singles, ladies or runners up place Teams etc).
    Recoiling,.22 and junior winners trophies were supplied by UKAHFT through sponsorship.

For 2010 to keep the standard of the trophies the same we are thinking of doing the same as the BFTA and buy all the seasons trophies and then clubs would pay ex amount out of the takings, obviously buying in bulk would result in a good discount.

Pete

2. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

I think it's a good idea Pete.

the positive is that you can get better trophies for the same cash and it introduces uniformity. i have to admit that i wasn't too chuffed about pos 1-5 at rivi all having the same trophy when Tawd had those nice decanters. If the trophies are bought by the club and the club decides that they want to make a tidy profit.....?

The Negative could be that you could win a lot of the same trophies, sometimes it's nice to get a variation. a perfect example was the dragon trophies Quarry had last year.

Tough call.

3. Sparky

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    Yes this is the only thing, the only difference would be is engaving.

Hoping to get similar dragons again this year for Quarry.

Pete

4. raygun

raygun Non member

Hi Chris,
    I'm sorry you were disappointed at the trophy you received at Rivi but then again it was much better than the ones 95% of the shooters didn't receive.

I don't know how much you think clubs make out of putting a National shoot on but most do it for the love of the sport and not to make money. This season with attendances down by nearly 100 it makes it even harder for the clubs.

As for the idea of UKAHFT obtaining the trophies I think it's a good idea as a much better bang per buck would be obtained. Clubs could also be informed at the start of the season what their commitment would be for trophies. I would even be possible for clubs selected to hold a round to perhaps "pay up front" for trophies to alleviate the cost burden a little on UKAHFT.

ATB
    Ray.

5. popsheep

popsheep Lee Marvin & the Shadows

trophies bought by the UKAHFT

My take on it is this, will the trophies be the same on each event ?if the ans is yes I think it a bad idea.
    will the same amount of money be spent on different trophies for each event ? if the ans to that is yes then I as a shooter have no probs w ith it ,as a club organizer its one less job to do and if any-one does;nt like the prizes GO AND SEE SPARKY.
    Ian

6. Ste Hughes

Ste Hughes Daystate's whipping boy

Club:
    Tawd Vale FT & ARC
    when you say like the BFTA to my knowledge they don't charge for them ???

7. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

Don't worry about trophies Ste, it won't apply to you!:p;):D

I'd be happy to get one and as long as it doesn't break when it's shot all the better!:D

Ryan

8. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    There is a cut that the BFTA get from every GP, and I think it's a fixed cost...

I've seen the potential trophy candidate for next year from the BFTA... very tasty...

9. Sparky

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    No but they charge £10 entry which then goes towards the entry so i've been told, i may be wrong.

Pete

10. Sparky

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    Hi Ian

no the trophies would be different for each round and clubs still chose what they wanted, but if clubs used the same place may get them cheaper, but quality would be across the board.

Pete

11. Rik ochet

Rik ochet Its my skunk, I saw it !!

As far as I'm concerned a wooden spoon is fine. I would be over the moon at just winning something.
    Obviously this is directed at those that have a nice collection.
    Cheap and Tacky or nice and shiny I would have thought the taking part and having fun is more important than what the Trophies look like.

My 2p's worth

Rik :)

12. Sparky

Club:
    Quarry Hunters

The post may seem it was mainly aimed at people who win all the time, but believe me its not, but what we need to do is just keep the standard up as some clubs pay £150 plus for the trophies and some about £20, and imagine you winning your first trophy and its small bit of plastic and then the next round Joe Bloggs wins one and its some nice crystal.

And your 100% right its taken part is the main thing but hope you understand where we are coming from.

Pete

13. D Martin

D Martin Non member

I must admit I like the glass and crystal style trophys rather than the silver tankards that are sometimes up for grabs but that means that clubs usually shell out more cash for them and getting a uniform quality across the board would be a great idea be it cut crysal or silver cup type at least the quality would be there.
    Just wish they'd stop putting junior on mine though :rolleyes:
    Ryan's up 2 shelves to 1 now in the trophy cabinate:eek:;)

Dave

14. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

That's what i meant to say in my earlier post.:)

I didn't mean to offend anyone at Rivi...but you do see my point when comparing what the winner at Tawd got compared to the winner at Rivi.??

It's hard to post in this without seeming a bit arrogant:eek:, i know i've had a good season and it seems crass to whine about how big trophies are when you're winning plenty.....i still remember my first trophy and the rush i got when going to collect it, that rush is still there. I hope everyone gets the chance to experience that. And when it is your turn you'll get something worth popping on the mantle piece.:)

15. Rik ochet

Rik ochet Its my skunk, I saw it !!

Pete,

I probably didn't put that across quite how it was meant :eek:

I know what you are trying to say, if there is a standard set then it's the same for everyone and nobody would feel cheated at the end of the day.
    They don't all have to be the same but if they are all purchased by UKHFT then there are no arguments about the quality put forward from each club. So no handbags at Dawn.

:D
    I'm happy just shooting and collecting my first UKA Silver badge last week.

Rik

16. Sparky

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    Congrats mate, more to follow!!!

Yeah i'm the bloody same the written word never comes out as i meant it:D

Pete

17. BOMBER

BOMBER Little French Maid

For the UK round at Anston this year we have decided to splash out a bit on trophies and have spent over £200 on them. We didn't do this to spite other clubs but we believe the club will be remembered for the course and how it presents it self. We don't need to keep vast amounts in the bank so we would rather spend what we take in through the year on days such as the uk national and any ft comps run at the club. I know allot of clubs and shooters do it for the love of the sport and that trophies don't come into it but when you watch some one shoot a course with passion and put in a fantastic score I think a nice trophy is just rewards for them.

18. rogb

rogb Señor Member

Very nice post Mick, good points there:)

Last edited: Jun 29, 2009