UKAHFT UKAHFT Rule Change

Discussion in 'UKAHFT Announcements' started by Scooby, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

We ve recently had a number of concerns & complaints raised about kneeling shots as it seems a number of shooters are again stretching the rules.

Just to clarify….. during any kneeling shot (supported or Un-supported) the only parts of your body that can support the rifle are your hands & shoulder, you are not allowed to rest the rifle on your leg. During a supported shot you may rest any part of the rifle on the support but you must still assume a three point kneeling position.

The resting of the butt pads on the leg seems to be happening in two ways:

1) Reverse kneeling positions, whilst this position is legal, resting the butt of the rifle on the knee or thigh is illegal.

2) During an unsupported kneeling shot, in the past we have allowed a long peg to be used as a support, unfortunately a few shooters have now started resting the rifle on the leg when assuming this position which is often difficult to spot…..in future all unsupported kneeling pegs will be 4†high & you may not rest any part of the rifle or arm on the peg.

Anyone seen by a marshal taking either of these shots will automatically get a zero, if they are caught doing it again at any shoot they will be Disqualified.

2. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    Any chance of photos to show what is legal and not?

3. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics; DFTC; Nelson FTC
    Think it sounds basic enough without a pic.
    Basically reverse kneel I.e. right handed shooter kneeling on left knee is allowed as long as gun is only in contact with his/her hand and shoulder.

Shorter pegs means an unsupported kneeler is as it suggests, unsupported only by shooters hand and shoulder.

Sounds simple enough.

4. merc350

merc350 Just wants to shoot...

Club:
    Emley FTC
    I agree.

Basically don't use your leg to rest on in supported kneelers.

Dont use your leg or the peg as support in unsupported kneelers.

Simples ...:)

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  5. DarrenQ

DarrenQ New Member

Club:
    MAD
    Should anyone want to see photos of what is legal and not legal, have a look the photos taken at the Worlds on Sunday by Wilo, There are some fine examples of what not to do. :)
    And some even better ones of the correct stance.

Darren.

6. Tench

Tench WHFTA World Champion 2016.

I have used the peg to support my elbow on unsuported kneelers in the past, it does (did) state in the rules any support that can be reached can be used, i tried this at Kelmarsh in the woods but the peg was below the required (at the time) 12" which meant i was not happy i could get my trigger finger behind the firing line or get comfortable, the second pic shows how i took the shot. I did see others manage to use the peg though! :eek: in rather creative ways with success.

Now outlawed
    [​IMG]

The now correct stance
    [​IMG]

The result :D[​IMG]

Pics by Willo.

7. scutter

scutter Aspiring to mediocrity

Club:
    MEMBER OF M.A.D
    Is that wrist forward of the knee???:D

8. D Martin

D Martin Non member

The end of your scopes fell off Simon :)

Dave

9. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    thanks for the pics, much appreciated for those looking to get into hft a bit more!

10. griggzy

griggzy Dop's *****

so what your sying pete is THIS ISNT allowed anymore :D:p

http://s1169.photobucket.com/albums... April 2012/?action=view&current=DSC_0480.jpg

i was well within the old rules and all you unflexable gits are just jelous you cant get into that position LMAO ;):p ................... it was nice while it lasted , :( anyway i havent read the new rulings but are we also saying that if there is a support thats there say for a stander thats been over looked by the course setters that this also cannot be used ie unsuported is UNSUPORTED no matter what is within reach of the peg ???

griggzy :D

11. griggzy

griggzy Dop's *****

also pete just want to clarify that reverse kneelers are still allowed aslong as the rifle is not rested on the knee ( ie shoulderd butt ) but we are still allowed to rest the elbow from the trigger hand on the knee ???

cheers mate just want to be 100 % clear on it before emiley moore

12. scutter

scutter Aspiring to mediocrity

Club:
    MEMBER OF M.A.D
    Is there another bit of you, inserted into that bean bag and if so, is it legal?:D:D

13. DaveTV

DaveTV Member

Club:
    Who knows....
    On that, surely if the elbow is rested on the knee, the butt pad could be rested in the elbow, which essentially makes it the same as resting on the knee from a support point of view. And without deep visual inspection by a marshal for every shooter thats going to be difficult to spot.

14. Ceathreamhnan

Ceathreamhnan WHFTA Champion 2013

Club:
    Dunfermline
    I think the rule clarification as posted by Pete in the OP doesn't affect Simon's position in the first picture above; as he is not resting his gun on his knee or the post, and it is only supported by his hands and shoulder (although I could see it might be on his knee...).

However it is probably still illegal, as he is using the peg to turn an unsupported shot into a supported one (as well as possibly having his trigger finger over the peg/line), and the bit about using anything within reach does seem to have gone.:rolleyes:

15. griggzy

griggzy Dop's *****

but surely this is no different from placing a finger under the pistol grip when laying prone which is as the rules say completely ok ??? ( iam not a finger under grip shooter ) but id like to know what the difference is between shouldering a rifle then resting the elbow on a knee and placing finger under pistol grip they are exactly the same kind of thing ?

16. 5teve L

5teve L STOP ! HAMMER TIME !

Club:
    The Oaks & Horsham hawks
    While we are on rules, when using a mat, does the mat then become the ground & therefore the pistol grip cannot touch that either & the 'finger' has to be placed under the grip ??
    ta

Steve

17. 5teve L

Club:
    The Oaks & Horsham hawks
    Also, why not bring back the 'disc' as a peg for the un-assisted kneelers & standers ??
    Would save the agro :)

18. regsie

regsie Member

Club:
    Cambridge HFT
    I can not wait to try out my new mat with the 12" cushion :D

19. 5teve L

Club:
    The Oaks & Horsham hawks
    I meant from prone.

20. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

Let s take this from the beginning …..The kneeling position is defined as only 3 points of contact with the ground (2 feet & 1 knee).The rear foot shall be upright and straight in line with the knee, sitting on a turned foot is not allowed. The leading hand only will support the gun and forward of the wrist the hand should itself be unsupported

At no time have you been allowed to support the rifle by dropping your hand onto your knee or supporting the rifle on you leg or arm.

The position Steve has highlighted has previously been allowed but clearly some shooters are now resting their rifles on their legs which has never been allowed. As we can t police every shooter or sometimes see whether or not they are resting on the leg in such a crouched position this position has now been banned.

As I said in my first post, a reverse kneeling position is legal but you cannot rest any part of your rifle on your legs.

Doing this will result in a zero the first time we catch you, if you do it again you will be disqualified, this is just as bad as using a normal kneeling position & resting the hamster on the forearm which is supported by the leg......it is illegal & you are CHEATING if you do this