Uk sporting air rifle challenge

Discussion in 'News and Results' started by JOHNNY SMITH, Sep 9, 2012.

1. JOHNNY SMITH

JOHNNY SMITH New Member

Club:
    WORCESTER AIR RIFLES
    Overall standings after 3 rounds, best of 2 from 3.
    Recoiling Class
    1) Steve Whiting 100
    2) Ian Treadwell 89
    3) Dave Clements 85
    4) Bob Clay 84
    5)Tye Forde 75
    6) John Holder 65
    7) Lee Malpass 63
    8)Ed Trott 53
    9)Mark Wragg 38
    10)Darrin Lynne 33
    11) Rickey Moppett 31
    12)Paul Harper 26
    13) Adam Morris 25

177 Sporting Class
    1) Darrin Lynn 95
    2) Ian Sheppard 90
    3) Mick Boswell 89
    4) Stuart Hall 89
    5) Will Levell 87
    6) Martin Peake 83
    7) Mark Russel 82
    8) Clive Evans 80
    9) Gerry Baillon 79
    10) Mike Stockwell 78
    11) Jeremy Massey 76
    12) Phil Tombs 74
    13) Ben Lyddon 74
    14) Phil Jones 73
    15) Lyn Morgan 73
    16) Chris Morgan 65
    17)Ian Duncan 64
    18)Ry Tombs 49
    19)Dan Horrocks 44
    20)Andy Dickson 40
    21) Tom Morgans 40
    22) Bill Peterson 39
    23)Mark Wragg 39
    24) Tony Male 38
    25) Nathan Smith 38
    26)Tony Kenningford 34
    27) Adam Morris 31
    28) Tye Forde 30
    29) John Hodgett 30
    30) Steve Woodward 27
    31)Ian Guy 27
    32)Michael James 22
    33)Ron Taylor 16

22 Sporting class
    1) Mark Jones 74
    2) Spencer Ward 74
    3)Tom Nelson 73
    4)Jason Scott 65
    5) Paddy Egan 59
    6) Peter Hackett 53
    7) Tom Workman 39
    8) Gerald Davies 38
    9) Mark Wragg 36
    10) Jay Ward 34
    11)Mark Jones 35
    12)Tom Morgan 28

Target Rifle Class
    1) Phil Johnson 103
    2) Rob Lamerton 94
    3) Mick Goodenough 87
    4) Richard Davies 86
    5)Lee Malpass 48
    6)John Holder 41

Junior Class
    1) Alex Dermietzel 81
    2)Bryn Evans 64
    3) Ryan Massey 28
    4)Noah Kenningford 17

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  2. Alexdermietzel

Alexdermietzel New Member

The weather was great and the course was a good one, nice to bring something home soon for a change too :).

3. Pad. E

Pad. E Member

Hi all

Just like to say thanks to everyone involved in making this happen. :cool:

I can honestly say I enjoyed the concept and even though my scores were low on all occasions. Especially today when I had about 10 zero's :eek: purely because I went for every kill zone and not 'centre of mass' it didn't stop me enjoying it!!

Where others were saying 'wot no peg' that didn't phase me, the option of any stance and the 1 minute rule. It felt more natural shooting experience. Having said that I will still be doing HFT with the pegs as that is also has it's merits, like doing those 'thinking mans' shooting away off the peg.

I was determined to stick with my Air Arms Firepower for the 3 rounds, which I did and came 5th overall in my class, that is most probably as the ones below me only done 1 or 2 :D .

I really do hope that more people will get on board and give it a go in the next season.

Kind regards
    Paddy

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  4. milek

milek Active Member

Club:
    Nomads
    I hope so too Pad.E and for this disciplne I will travel considerable distances to compete.

5. paula

paula Senior Member

A "MASSIVE" thanks to Johnny and his crew, on the whole SARC idea, a very well thought out concept and has to be said very well executed too.
    I and all from Treetops that took part in this years SARC thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, the only shame is that we have to wait till next year for another go.
    Thanks again twas a Great Shoot.
    :):):):)
    ATVB
    Phil

6. Tye

Tye Shabba

Club:
    Moxons ARC, Tamworth SG,Welsh Covert SG, Whittington GC, Greyhound GC
    10/10 Brilliant yes cant wait a year for next one!!! lol Cant we do a mini winter one!!
    Rock N Roll next one bring it on!

I field tested the Walther LGV Ultra in this competition brand new out the box and I was mighty impressed. If I was more prepared for these events I would more than likely do even better! lol Its always a pleasure seeing the look after a doughnut which unfortunately happens to every shooter. :D Ricky Moppett cracked me up he was waiting after every shot for target to fall but had shot a twig. :p

7. Gerry

Gerry Member

Club:
    None
    Thanks to every one involved in this series .

From the organisers , through all the competitors up to Brocock & Solware who came on board right at the begining .

The look of sheer disbelief on Lee Malpss's face when he won the custom made Brocock Rifle in the lucky draw .
    This is a one off air rifle , invaluable !

The weather played the game , the wind was also playing about .... see the amount of zero's scored today !!!

Thanks to Tye from Solware who brouht the new Walther springer along & allowed several to shoot it on the zero range .
    Solware also very kindly donated all the lucky draw prizes for each event at the series .

Steve Whiting won the springer class with an excellent performance . Very good shooting with a springer rifle .

Darrin Lynn , Mr XTX was a worthy winner of the Open Class over all.

The 22 Class was close , and had to be decided on a shoot out . Well done guys .

Ladies , was also well shot , Paula Johnson wrapped that up .

Juniors , won by young Alex, a relative new comer who shows enormous potential for the future .

Well done to every one , a real good series shot with an enormous amount of good humour & fun .

8. milek

milek Active Member

Club:
    Nomads
    Comments like these really make it worthwhile helping out; did you like the mown plinking area?

9. Alexdermietzel

Alexdermietzel New Member

Thank you for the kind words:D.

10. RancidTom

RancidTom Member

It's a pity I could only do 2 rounds due to prior commitments but all I can say is I had a brilliant time. Worcester is always a great place to shoot even when the weather is awful it's very rare there isn't a gust of wind waiting to catch you out and as soon as you think you've got the wind sussed it drops or changes direction.
    I can't wait for next year as this year has been such a success and everyone has had a little bit of involvement even if it's just been winding up a reset string at the end of the shoot.
    Thanks to everyone who organised, donated, shot, mowed grass, set targets or brewed up/cooked bacon etc.
    As this comp has been such a success i think it'll soon snowball!
    Cheers!

11. XTX

XTX XTX Air

Club:
    Nomads HFT
    Thanks everybody!

Thanks to everybody involved, from the setter uppers, feeders, marshals, everybody who turned up to give UKSARC a go, Solware and Brocock for their sponsorship & support.

I went into the comp yesterday without even the slightest idea that I may actually walk away with the cup, you could have knocked me over with a feather when I was told I had won! Another win for a Tench reg'ed rifle :shot: I need to put up a shelf for my trophy, I have nowhere to put it :eek:

12. Amac

Amac Active Member

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    Sounds like you all enjoyed it tremendously folks. It is great to see a new format "springing" up that will hopefully allow some of us to try target shooting without the usual assistance of something to hold onto. I have shot at Worcester a couple of times over the past couple of years and think that you have a cracking ground. My problem is the distance, although I am sorely tempted to have a crack next time you set the series up once again.

Well done to you all!

Andy