Uk Neil HFT500 transfer port" o" ring mod in place

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Waldo, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Waldo

Waldo Active Member

Club:
    B O A C, B R P C ,
    Pictures of UkNeil`s modification in place before re-assembling the rifle. I have cleaned and de-greased the hammer, spring guide, pellet probe, the ident o ring on the pellet probe had split so the cocking lever didn`t snap back into place. After the de-grease I spent some time polishing the hammer etc to a mirror finish . Also polished the trigger sears , the trigger originally had a lot of side play on the trigger bar so when it was originally serviced (SCR) The collar for the trigger post was ground off and a fine brass shim fitted on the pivot post and this virtually removed the play from the trigger. http://s22.photobucket.com/user/chorley/library/HFT500 Re-built Many thanks to Woki and Julian Bond for the help and advice. Regards Gordon.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  2. Tench

Tench WHFTA World Champion 2016.

Was the transfer port o ring present when you stripped it?

3. Waldo

Waldo Active Member

Club:
    B O A C, B R P C ,
    Yes, the original O ring was in place Tench I fitted the UkNeil one wheni decided to have a go at polishing the hammer etc. myself after deciding to fit a De-pinger and subsequently finding the firing pot loose . Iv`e always entrusted my rifles to SCR, and will continue to do so. . Just done a 70 shot series using AA 4.52 out of the tin the 70 shots showed an average variation of 6fps .

4. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Active Member

Good work - how are you finding the HFT so far? I'd have one in the blink of an eye if they did a proper LH version; as it stands I'm looking at buliding my own bolt-action alternative from bits..

FWIW if I have problems with the standard (6x1mm) O-ring escaping I fit a 5x1.5mm alternative which gives 0.5mm more compression without increasing the OD. Potentially an easlier and cheaper way of addressing the problem the UK Neil part is designed to sort :)

5. Tench

Tench WHFTA World Champion 2016.

The last 2 I took apart did not have the o ring still in place showing that fitting the ring is a worth while thing to do, I have also done as Clover is proposing which has proved reliable too.

6. Waldo

Waldo Active Member

Club:
    B O A C, B R P C ,
    Cheers cloverleaf, I`m very happy with the HFT up to now, I only had time yesterday to shoot the 70 shots, looking forward to trying it on the range, It`s the first PCP iv`e stripped and serviced, just happy that it didn`t leak or dump all the air :D