tx200

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by mad mardigan, Mar 5, 2012.

1. mad mardigan

mad mardigan mad mardigan

Club:
    hull and district Ft club, and Ponty
    hi guys just chron'd the tx 200 with jsb expresses at 10.1 ft/lbs would like to get the power upto around 11-11.2 would you put a pre load washer at the back end or front end of the spring. Rifle is shooting fine so would you leave it alone is the difference negligible .
    looking forward to your expert comments

2. steveggg

steveggg Trainee Grumps

10.9 - 11.1 is what i have found to work well using a 7.9g pellet, washers i usually go for piston rod if their Delrin or Spring guide if steel.

3. alexb

alexb New Member

Club:
    Cambridge HFT
    TBH firstly the TX is all about consistancy and more importantly accuracy. For the sake of half a mil @ 45 is it worth the trying to achieve 11 - 11.5 and potentially making the gun shoot poop.

I bought my TX brand new in Jan this year. After a 1000 or so pellets it still struggled to achieve 10lb average was around 9.5lb using a weighed JSB Exact. After striping it back I found no grease and what was there I wouldn't use on my 3yr olds bike chain. Most people will say V-Mach, Maccari etc etc and it'll be happy days. The first thing I would do is strip it back and see whats under the hood. Put a few quid towards a decent grease and I used tar on my spring which works well and I'm shocked. Peace of pie to strip I can now do mine blind folded.

There are plenty of guides around on the internet and I'll PM you the one I used aswell as the information I've made notes on. I've been told over and over again by our friends in the states and on the AAOC that 10.5 using a 8.4 grain is the sweet spot. I've intially set mine @ 10.2 bearing in mind that the piston seal will have to rebed in. So far after 100 shots the FPS spread are easily in PCP territory oh and doesn't smell like an old beat up land rover with diesel fumes.

hth
    atvb

Alex

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  4. Amac

Amac Active Member

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    Well said Alex. Dont forget that a new spring rifle usually takes a good few tins to run in properly, and that consistency is more important then outright power.

Frank