TX200 stock inletting/bedding

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by mrgeoff, Mar 17, 2019 at 11:49 AM.

1. mrgeoff

mrgeoff Active Member

Club:
    Broadlands / SOKE
    I have seen some comments about the inletting of a stock for a springer is critical.

What should I look out for on a custom TX200 stock?

I picked up in the stock shouldn’t touch the domed end of the trigger block (true/false) what else?

Thanks!

2. FPoole

FPoole Active Member

The main problem I've had is the forward trigger guard screw area. Being a lefty I have several lefty stocks that aren't factory. The trigger guard actually touches the lug that holds the front guard screw. I tighten up the screw and the guard is pulled tight against the lug, but the action is still not snug in the stock. I have thought to trim off some of the length of the lug bolt, but I just recessed the guard to slip over the lug. You can place the action in the stock and feel if the lug bolt is standing proud of the wood. I also have had one with the front stock screws not lined up to the bracket and another that had a bow to it. It actually had a slight bow upward in the middle and the wood pressed against the action. You could tighten or loosen the front trigger guard screw and it would raise and lower the poi. A little curved scraper tool removed the extra high spot in the wood and all is well.

3. mrgeoff

mrgeoff Active Member

Club:
    Broadlands / SOKE
    Good tips, thank you.

4. FPoole

FPoole Active Member

There's a good post on the piston & spring section titled tuning vs stock fit. Worth a read.