Tx200 sr .177

Discussion in 'Tips, tricks and tutorials' started by RAIDER, Sep 9, 2011.

1. RAIDER

RAIDER Member

Club:
    East Devon FTC
    bought a near mint tx200 sr .177 but power a little low (760 ft/sec mossies).whilst i know this is not silyl slow i would like it at 790 -800 ish. my very clever man from the club has tried most things,pre load washers and piston washers but basicaly the same power.
    are we doing some thing wrong and i know some will say leave alone but were just confused now WHY?

Regards jimmer/SIZE]

2. alan-aitch

alan-aitch I'll practice tomorrow...............

Club:
    Bisley
    Has it still got the std piston weight? I know you have added washers piston end but I've had to remove the weight from all the MK2 SR's I've had to bring power down. If you can wiat a day or two for me to look, (and possibly remind me in a day or so) I may have one kicking about.

Alan.

3. steveggg

steveggg Trainee Grumps

The original SR springs were made to be slightly under power as the SR tends to wreck scopes if too powerfull.

I use Maccari springs and piston seals with locally made Delrin top hats and guides.

4. Tonyn

Tonyn New Member

Had the same issue a few weeks back , even putting in a v-mach kit didnt sort it ?????? , We then tried superdome pellets instead of aa fields and the power risen up 1.3 ftlbs (possibly pellet fussy ,,,, aa fields were not around when the sr was first brought out) possibly worth a try