Tx200 service

Discussion in 'Piston & Spring' started by SteveU, Aug 13, 2019.

1. SteveU

SteveU New Member

Does anyone know if there is a recommended service or rebuild interval?

I have recently been using mine and it seems inconsistent and I seem to be chasing around the zero at 30 yards. It's new to me but a used rifle and I believe that it had a few years just stood in a gun cabinet.

I am tempted to have a look myself but information on greasing/oiling seems a little contradictory online. Any suggestions would be welcome.

2. NeilM

NeilM Well-Known Member

Club:
    Mendip & Shebbear
    First job is to give the barrel a good clean, making sure no fluid of any sort makes it into the transfer port / cylinder.

SteveU likes this.
  3. Nomads HFT

Nomads HFT Well-Known Member

I'd first strip the rifle and de-grease the components, then check what's inside; whether a kit or any non-standard components had been fitted, whether the spring was fatigued, and renew accordingly, then reassemble with new breech and piston seals, using a high molybdenum content grease.

SteveU, cowandchicken and Ash Bailey like this.
  4. KeithW

KeithW Barn door? Where?

Club:
    Cambridge
    Use a pull-through on the barrel and see what comes out, could be grease and / or rust in there. Once you are happy it is clean then re-lead it with 100+ pellets. Thereafter (my experience) the barrel only need a felt shot down it, no lube, if the groups start to open up. My experience is that I do this every 200 shots or so, however many people will tell you you they never do anything to clean the barrel, so just do what suits you.
    You should be able to achieve 1/2" groups at 45 yards without much problem - depending on your own skill levels.

SteveU likes this.
  5. SteveU

SteveU New Member

Thank you all for the advice.

I have tried a pull through today and the barrel was very dirty.

I was not overly happy with the look of the breach seal, so decided to drop it in to a local gunsmith to get it serviced. Should be back in a week or so and then I'll have no excuse for terrible grouping.