TX200 Piston Seal

Discussion in 'Piston & Spring' started by EV2UK, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Sake-San

Sake-San La Vieille Alliance

Club:
    l'Association Francaise de Field Target
    And it hasn’t been cut in half, it’s the 6ft/lb model!

RobF, Adam, Gary Martin and 4 others like this.
  2. FPoole

FPoole Active Member

How long will it take to erode a hole in the center? Seen many old solid face seals with a hole nearly through them, at the transfer port site.

3. Nomads HFT

Nomads HFT Well-Known Member

I've never seen damage approaching that, and suspect it's prevalent in unrestricted markets, in which peak cylinder air temperature can be considerably higher than in the sub 12 ft. lb. rifle.

4. Cooper_dan

Cooper_dan Well-Known Member

Thought I would have a play with my Aussie seal last night as I pretty much 'fit and forgot' it.
    It's been in the rifle for about 5k shots now. I didn't size it in any way. Over those 5k shots the muzzle velocity rose roughly 25fps from initial setting, then levelled off.

First, took the tx straight from the house and put some shots over the chrono. Average 753 FPS (exact 8.4). House is at a fairly constant 20°C and it had been in there since Sunday afternoon so for argument's sake the rifle was about 20°C.

Then put it in the garden for about 3 hours. Temperature at ours yesterday evening was about 7°C. Put some more over the chrono and average 758 fps.

Then leant it against a radiator for 3 ish hours. No idea what temperature it was, but average over the chrono was 754 FPS.

So this time of year, no worries about shifting power round a course.
    Maybe the least scientific test I could have done, but off the back of it I'm happy to keep using this seal and recommending it.
    (I haven't tested it back to back with a standard air arms seal, so I'm not saying this one is any better or worse)

Brian.Samson, RobF and Dale like this.
  5. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Sounds good to me.

You’ll need to be referring to the excuse thread for something new by the sounds of it.

6. FPoole

FPoole Active Member

The seal does look like it's well made and, without the hollow in the center, there's that little bit less lost volume. It seems like I just can't be bothered to open up one of my guns these days, but I plan to try that seal.