TX or prosport for FT ?

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by cb2591, Sep 22, 2011.

1. cb2591

cb2591 Member

I cant make my mind up.I have both and still dont know which to use. Its quite time consuming fitting a big scope to one then trying it on the other. Is there any obvious reason to point to one or the other. Personal preference? Im losing the plot as i like them both. The TX is front heavy ,perhaps that suits most FT shooting apart from standers? With the Prosport most of the weight would be to the rear, would that be a disadvantage? Any views on this appreciated.

2. poison dwarf

poison dwarf BANNED

Club:
    tondu /quarry
    they are both as good as each other imo but it may just come down to which one is easier to load if you use your gloved hand to do the cocking ( oo er that sounds perverted lol)

3. cb2591

cb2591 Member

Good point.I have yet to buy a glove , but have used one and it does help. One for the TX i think.:)

4. HotShot

HotShot Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns FTC
    If a new stock is to be purchased (Paul Wilson etc.) then the one for the TX won't need to have a large slot in it for the cocking lever.

If you can get on with the normal stock then this is not an issue.

5. Willbe

Willbe I Like BIG Hats!

Club:
    Far Coley FTC
    My personal preferance is for front end weight but it is what you prefer, personally i'd go for the TX.

6. Artfull-Bodger

Artfull-Bodger Member

Prosport is more hold sensitive due to it's balance, it is also harder to cock with its short lever tucked up close to your pistol hand!

the TX is the better comp rifle and keep away from the HC version as its like the pro sport with a short cocking lever and a lot of muzzle flip!

also beware the AA trigger, it's a pain to set up correctly and needs tuning to get a consistent light feel!

personal opinions of course!

7. Andy 01

Andy 01 New Member

Hi.

I have both, and have shot FT with both of them.
    Its a one horse race for me, the full length TX constantly gives me higher scores than the PS.
    BUT.... thats just me. As with all things springer, what suites you may be different due to size and build.
    The only way to tell is by shooting both, from the FT sitting position.