Tuning Steyrs

Discussion in 'Steyr' started by Pontiac, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Pontiac

Pontiac New Member

Anybody on here good at Steyr tuning?

Or know how much Harry Preston charges?

Cheers :shot:

2. HarryF

HarryF New Member

bump ;) to the top

3. sepeteus

sepeteus New Member

Barrel work

Hello,

in Finland most steyr owners play with different barrels. Specifically Lother Walther barrels (ordinary, factory-lapped, and polygonal), and they/we have got pretty good results.

How do I know? I have steyr LG 110 and I have changed its barrel to LW (and I ahve done some other mods too). We are shooting mostly bech rest (http://www.wrabf.com/) and that if anything, shows the accuracy-potential of a rifle and barrel.

It is fairly easy to tune Steyr also, at least within 16 - 40 Joule limit. You could order different hammer spings, hammers and regulator spings, plus you could easily alter the regulator pressure yourself, if you just have little knowledge and practice in these matters.

Steyr is very good rifle to tune little. Barrel is easy to change, regulator and all other mechanical parts and pieces are units which are easy to take away, open and put together in their place. Steyr is very practical gun: everything in this gun has been engineered so that it is a joy to play with it (shoot or tune it).

4. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    Hi,

Is there a Finnish airgun forum you belong to ? and whats the name ?

Also, any photos of your LW / polygon fitted Steyr, with target groupings ?

Thanks