Tuning Cp88

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Roughan, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Roughan

Roughan New Member

Club:
    Mid Shires Marksmen
    Hi Guys and Gals

Does anyone know whether a cp88 can be tuned or the trigger made lighter, reply's are most welcome

Regards Roughan.

2. Adam

Adam Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns & the UBC
    For trigger and general smoothness of shooting, often just a strip, clean and proper lube will improve things. If it's new, just shooting it will lighten it with time, due to parts bedding in. If you know what you're doing surfaces can be polished to improve the feel and remove friction. If you mean tuning for higher power, no there's very little can be done.

Lots of info here:
    http://umarexboysclubforum.myfineforum.org/index.php

3. Roughan

Roughan New Member

Club:
    Mid Shires Marksmen
    Thanks for the reply Adam it was just the trigger really that I have an issue with but I will have a bash at your advice on lubing and cleaning as it is a second hand gun.
    Also do you know is the Slide is available as a spare part it is nickle plated but one of the small lugs at the back of the slide has broken of and the slide doesn't fit securely when closed.
    Regards Roughan

4. Adam

Adam Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns & the UBC
  5. Roughan

Roughan New Member

Club:
    Mid Shires Marksmen
  6. Tench

Tench WHFTA World Champion 2016.

I had a play with one of these last year, i found that a lot of the gas is wasted due to poor fit of the components down stream of the firing valve. i made new parts which included an extra o ring seal so that both sides of the magazine where sealed, i also relocated the hammer spring guide fulcrum on the hammer and improved the alignment of the magazine to smooth the pellets path into the barrel. These improvements raised the power from the 1.5 ft/lb it produced when i got it to close to 3ft/lb and improved the number of shots from a bulb. The trigger can be lightened with some sear work and polishing but only on the single fire mode as in auto it has to push the hammer back.

7. Roughan

Roughan New Member

Club:
    Mid Shires Marksmen
    Hey Tench, thanks for you input most helpful, the mods sound interesting how did you get to fit the extra "O" ring on the other side of the Mag?

8. clubshot

clubshot Member