Tsar issues anyone having them?

Discussion in 'Daystate' started by Darren Elmer, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Darren Elmer

Darren Elmer New Member

Club:
    tawd vale
    Hi guys and gals are any of you using the daystate tsar? i have just had to return mine as it was over 13.5 fpe on my chrono out of the box and even when i turned it down to 785 fps about 11.6 fpe it was jumping allover the place from 750 fps to 810 fps and i know of 2 other guys who are having the same experiance with this gun anyone having or solved this issue im just waiting on daystste to comment on mine but may be a few days

thanks

daz

2. Steve Hebby

Steve Hebby Beware the Chair

Club:
    Redfearn FTC
    Hi Daz

Had mine just over a month and no issues so far. I'm shooting JSB Express through mine at 810 FPS with approx 7FPS variation.

Regards
    Steve

3. Darren Elmer

Darren Elmer New Member

Club:
    tawd vale
    thanks for the info steve im using JSB Exact 4.52 im glad yours is good 7 fps is what i had hoped for hopefully ill get it back like this my steyr is about the same variance 5 to 7 fps but the tsar is in my opinion a work of art i just love it.

cheers
    daz

4. mpr

mpr might not remember

Club:
    quarry hunters

I'm gowing better .880. Low power3 times sent back.

5. Jesim1

Jesim1 Active Member

Club:
    BOAC, BGC
    I've had mine for about three months, 1000 pellets and all is well, very accurate and no issues, it's a joy to shoot.

James

6. Darren Elmer

Darren Elmer New Member

Club:
    tawd vale
    thanks for the response it seems like its hit and miss then some good some not really not good from a top end FT gun

7. Darren Elmer

Darren Elmer New Member

Club:
    tawd vale
    any explanation or apology for this? 3 times sent back is crazy

8. Darren Elmer

Darren Elmer New Member

Club:
    tawd vale
    hi james do you often chrono yours ?

9. RichWafta

RichWafta Second time around

Club:
    Quarry, Castleton, Nelson, East Devon
    880???

You using the Tsar for HFT?
    How is 880 low power?

10. sportsmatch

sportsmatch Member

Club:
    Quarry Rifles
    only just above yours Rich :D

11. Jesim1

Jesim1 Active Member

Club:
    BOAC, BGC
    No.

I did at first just to make sure I had it set up legally, so only used a few pellets of several different weights just to make sure. It's running at 11.3 with JSB 8.44s and the JSB heavies up to 11.8 max.

I've done a fair bit of pellet testing with it though, so I know it's very consistent, the groups with most pellets were very good - for me anyway!

James

Attached Files:

12. Darren Elmer

Darren Elmer New Member

Club:
    tawd vale
    hi james thanks for the reply the JSB look sweet for the rifle not much in it between the 451 and 452 i am finding though with the JSB Exact 8.44 i am getting a wide spread of weight from 8.20 to 8.62 grains i am filtering out the light/heavy pellets but i am losing a third of the tin ...lol

13. Jesim1

Jesim1 Active Member

Club:
    BOAC, BGC
    Hi Darren

I actually settled on the AA fields and bought a sleeve from Bar for this gun as I thought they just had the edge? All of these were done with unweighed pellets, but when I got the AAs I weighed 3 tins just for the hell of it :eek: I find that if you weigh loads together you get bigger piles of each weight, so although I got several lots - 8.3/8.4/8.5 etc., there were enough in each group to use for a while after zeroing with that weight, so I never really lose any pellets, I just have a couple of very small piles I then uses on spinners as half a cm does not matter when plinking away ;)

So far I'm impressed, and after this testing on that day another guy at the range tried the pellets I used in his Tsar and was amazed at the difference with the JSBs he was using as he was getting fairly lacklustre results which changed instantly he switched to the AAs.

James

14. Darren Elmer

Darren Elmer New Member

Club:
    tawd vale
    cheers james i have 2000 jsb to use then i will defo give AA a go as my mate who also has a tsar shoots for air arms and uses there pellets with great results ...iv seen his groups,,,,,,lol

good idea on the pellets also i may borrow that technique from ya

happy shooting buddy hope the Tsar stays well for ya

darren

15. Darren Elmer

Darren Elmer New Member

Club:
    tawd vale
    just a update the Tsar has returned from daystate and all seems well i have done some chrono testing and i am now getting with air arms diablo feild 20 shot strings with weighed pellets 4fps variance with a ave speed of 781 fps and outof the box pellets 8fps so seems to be fixed but i will keep a close eye on it daystste confirmed restrictor fault with my gun i assume restrictor is part of the regulator but nor sure ...lol

16. Dickster

Dickster New Member

Club:
    Mill ride
    I used AA Express through mine mate with great results.

17. Grahamp

Grahamp New Member

Where to start with tsar

Hi, opening the box the trigger guard fell off, no screws. The blade trigger adjustment would be better if it had been designed by a 5 year old. Fortunately, after complaining it was replace with an upgrade, which is just adequate.
    The hamster adjustment requires a gym membership and cannot be adjusted on the gun, because of the amount of force needed to lock it. In the bin.
    Within 6 days the power had dropped to less than 10 lbs, the gun is now back at daystate. Considering its a 2k gun, the quality control is not fit for purpose. I await Daystate,s explanation, but am already regretting the purchase. Thanks

18. C.Eaton

C.Eaton Confirmed Anschutz Nut...

Club:
    Springfield / TEGC
    I've heard of a couple of problems with Tzars. It seems like they have some QC issues. Also rifles that get sent back to Daystate are upgraded to a newer spec. which sorts most problems.
    I guess they are dealing with the problem of slow stock out in the marketplace as they find and sort problems.
    The pathetic hamster lock up will never be sorted and shouldn't have made it to production.
    Finally in comparison with a converted 9015 it is not good value for money.

19. Darren Elmer

Darren Elmer New Member

Club:
    tawd vale
    after the initial problems with power my tsar is great and a lot of people also have a good one from the feedback i got after opening this post there are problems with every gun out there you can get a bad one does not matter how much you spend i know in a perfect world you would not have issues but hey ho....at least daystate fix the problem no questions asked but if your converted anshutz goes wrong you aint got a leg to stand on as you have messed with it so any warrenty up the spout and i dont believe they are any better than anything else out there too many variables when comparing guns but a good ftp 900 with a pellet it likes will shoot just as good as a £3000 anshutz at half the cost.

20. Ratinator

Ratinator member of the 39 club , twice

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    Please explain

Could you define a good Ftp for me please ?