Trigger blade on other rail?

Discussion in 'Steyr' started by sven, Oct 24, 2012.

1. sven

sven Member

Club:
    FT Schalkhaar / SSV Ons Genoegen
    I want to mount trigger blade of my LG110 on the other mounting rail than it is now to get it mounted more to the left hand Side.
    But I just cannot get it off the right hand rail it is on now. The pre-travel set screw keeps it from sliding off to the front. And this screw cannot be removed or turned in or out enough to make space for the trigger to move off the rail.

Anyone got any idea how to do this?

2. Neil-T

Neil-T Boingers forever.

Club:
    Far Coley
    There is a very small flat head screw which needs to be loosened, then it will slide off the rail, I have done mine several times and have had the offset grip and offset trigger mod done on mine. I will put some pics on tomorrow if you like, just off to work now. Neil.

3. saddler

saddler Phil Gee

Club:
    Millride
    You know the vertical 'bar' that the trigger blade is fastened to which slides along the mounting rail?
    When you loosen this bar with the small screw that Neil has mentioned, it can then be pivoted at an angle.
    The top of this 'bar' has a gap at the top of it where it slides onto the mounting rail which allows it to close down when clamped by the small screw.
    If you position this 'gap' at the right angle, it allows the bar to slide past the set screw.

Difficult to describe but easy to do when you suss it out.

4. wiseguy

wiseguy Active Member

Club:
    DFTA
    I've done this several times as well, so here a little help in Dutch.
    Sven,
    Als je de schroef los draait die de pal op de rail klemt, dan kun je deze pal niet alleen naar voren/achteren schuiven, maar ook zijdelings kantelen.
    Op deze manier kun je voorbij de trigger schrief komen, kost wel wat moeite. Soms ook de rail zelf wat kantelen, alsof je de trekker bedient. Moet lukken zo.
    Suc6
    Rob

5. sven

sven Member

Club:
    FT Schalkhaar / SSV Ons Genoegen
    Thanks for the answers guys. I'll try again with all your advise in mind.

The first time I allready loosened the flat head screw and was able to slide the trigger blade post forward and backward en pivot it. But just couldn't get it to slide past the "pre-travel" set screw at the front. Maybe I have to screw this in more and then try to pivot the trigger blade post.
    Seems it needs some more force than I dared to apply.

Thanks,
    Sven.