Treetops

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by dave benyon, Mar 27, 2011.

1. dave benyon

dave benyon Spirit of HFT 2009

Big thanks to the Quarry crew for todays shoot. 1st time I have shot there, what a great place the options for putting courses out are endless.
    Great start to the new UKAHFT series and great to be taking part again. Thanks to Darren and Del for the company around the course, cheers guys.

2. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

Really enjoyed the course and everything about Treetops today, thanks to all involved with setting up. All trumped by riding in a recovery truck on the way home though, courtesy of the Diesel kid!:D

3. LANKY MK

LANKY MK this **** is killing me.

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    REALY enjoyed myself today, thanks Dave and Steph :). Pity i got riped a new one (shooting wise :D) but hey... it was a great day, great course and a great place with great company, thanks to everyone involved.

Mark

Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
  4. Gilogrt

Gilogrt Member

Club:
    Greyhound/Kibworth
    All in all, an awesome day out. Course was amazing, big rating on the interesting targets, big slating on the donut for my stander.
    Did learn a valuable lesson though. Trying to save 7p a litre on fuel by putting petrol in a diesel is actually quite detrimental to mpg! Dohh!

5. Dave Ramshead

Dave Ramshead England HFT Team squatter

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    well done to quarry, not only for a really tricky (but enjoyable) course, but the team win also :)

6. DarrenQ

DarrenQ New Member

Club:
    MAD
    Treetopstoday

Thanks to Dave and Del for their company round a really tricky course, I only Remember one Easy target around the whole course. Well done to all at Quarry for a job well done.
    Top shooting once again from Chris, Vinny, Steve, and Pete.

Darren.

7. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

What a start to the UK's, Treetops is Quarry with woods and that wind was evil. :D:D Well done to the lads that made us the top team, now the rest of em know what is coming. :D ChrisC 58 on that course outstanding mate, top bombing.:cool: See you all at Kelmarsh :D

8. BOMBER

BOMBER Little French Maid

What a start to the season in a new venue that proved its worth first time out. Thanks to woki and shaun for the company on the way round, made it all worth the long drive. Did not manage to catch up with every one but its a long season. Well done to all the winners and see you at the worlds.

9. bootneckbob

bootneckbob Active Member

Club:
    Shebbear
    As has already been said, thanks for a really good course, bloody hard, I'm sure I've had easier extreme events!
    Big thanks to Richard and Peter, good shooting from you guys, and a very informative day for me.

10. A458

A458 Member

Club:
    Furnace Mill
    Great day, lovely venue and tricky wind all combined with excellent company Martyn & Mike made for an interesting time. Hope Nicola hasn't had too bad an injury and will soon be back with us. Thanks again to all how helped with setting out a challenging course and the ladies who provided the refreshments for us all.
    Ian

11. raygun

raygun Non member

Got to add my thanks to Quarry and Treetops for a good day out.

The course was very interesting and taught me quite a few lessons :(. I found the walk up the hill (twice) a bit more taxing than I thought but perhaps shows I should be fitter:eek:

All in all a good course, a very tricky wind and a great shoot.

Well done to all concerned.:)

ATB
    Ray.

12. Sparky

Sparky Ich dien Staff Member

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    Glad that everyone enjoyed the course and the venue.
    Big thanks to all who help set it up, Derick Stone, Peter & Andrew Underwood, Phil & Paula Johnson & to Richard Bainton for setting out the zero range, thanks to all Quarry members who helped run the day with booking in and sorting the parking out and who helped put the course away.
    Big thanks to Andrew & Amanda at Treetops for letting host a round there, to all the marshals who help make the day runs smooth and to Steph for selling the UKAHFT badges.
    Thanks to Tony Belas and Daystate for sponsoring R1.

Well done to all the winners.

Only downer to the day was Nicky Pearson, who unfortunately slipped and fell and has broken her leg, myself and Del will be going down to see her later today and keep you all posted.

Pete

Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
  13. BIGGS"N"WIFE

BIGGS"N"WIFE New Member

What a day!!

A huge thank's to everyone at Treetop's it was a fantastic course and it was fab to see everyone again.
    Mini Marshall absoultly loved his first UK and managed to get 37 and said He can't wait till the next one. He actucally got both of the snakes down!!
    A massive thank's to Kevin for going round with us and not losing the plot!!

I spoke to Nicola last night and she was high as a kite and laughing!! She was on every drug going....
    But she has actucally broken her Tibia and Fibula one 3 times and the other 2 times!! I can't remember which way round she said .She will be in Wales till the weekend and will hopefully have her op on Tuesday when she will have to have a rod and nut's and bolts put in to keep her together!!

Anyone who want's to be kept in touch with her give me a call and I will pass on her number

See you at MAD Saturday

Andrea,Bruce and Mini Marshall

14. LAity

LAity Goed Geschoten

Well was that fun or what! Thanks to Pete Dutton and Baz Smith for your company round the course, really enjoyed it . A great course with some tricky targets only made more difficult by that horrid wind that was there and then gone?? Thanks to Guy giles for making up the new game for making the marshalling even more fun. BABTBF is the abriviation for it and it consists of small bets on passing shooters. Almost as much fun as "Twigging" as i recall we are even mate?

Poor Nicky for hurting her leg, fingers crossed she gets better asap!!

Great to see everyone yesterday, cant wait for the Worlds now

LAity

15. 5teve L

5teve L STOP ! HAMMER TIME !

Club:
    The Oaks & Horsham hawks
    1st off really sorry to hear what happened to Nicky, hope she recovers quickly, please send my best wishes Bruce.

On to Treetops, my 1st visit & what a course, well worth getting up stupid O'clock to shoot. Well done to Chris C on the win & Steve, Pete & Vinny on filling the next spots, top shooting with that tricky wind.
    See you all at the Worlds in a few weeks. (where I hope to have found my wheels :D)

16. A.C.

A.C. Non member

Well done all at Quarry, as usual everybody seemed to enjoy themselves. the course itself seemed to leave many scratching their heads but there were some brilliant scores on the day. Was nice to see Pete smiling yesterday, hopefully it's a sign of things to come this year. Everybody at Quarry did a great job and should be very happy with the result, not just the team result either. :)
    I'd like to thank everybody who looked after my tribe and also young Joe Downes, it's very much appreciated by us all.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2011
  17. punydan

punydan Monkey Juice

excellent course and tricky wind, loved it. Really enjoyed going round with Roy and fellow Kibby shooter Nicky, suprised to hear about her unfortunate accident ( send her my best wishes Bruce and Andrea please). The day topped off with a fantastic adventure with AA Dave, Knight of the road, thanks to gas pump giddyness from the "Diesel Kid". Still he was up early and did drive all the way there without upset.

Get Well Soon Nicky!

18. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

First ..please pass on my best wishes to Nicky and i hope we see her shooting again soon.

Many thanks to all at Treetops. What a fantastic ground and course. I've never felt more nervous when shooting the last 6 targets, and i don't think i can add anything else about the evil (lift and drop) wind. Finishing on the spiders web was definately a brown trouser moment.:D

Aplogies for not staying around to collect the trophy....most know the reason i had to go home early.:eek:

19. Dazzzle

Dazzzle New Member

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    Best Wishes to Nicky

Thanks to Phil and Andrew for the company, a cracking 54 for Andrew in the 9-13.
    Thanks to the Quarry course crew , a great course that made one think.
    Andrew and Amanda , wonderful hosts, and for keeping us warm with the best log fire I've seen in a long time.

20. DaveTV

DaveTV Member

Club:
    Who knows....
    Sad to hear how bad an injury that is for Nicky, hope to see her shooting again soon.

Thanks to Steph and Mark for a good days entertainment, the shooting was a bit of an afterthought with my attempt :rolleyes:

Well done to those at the sharp end, though a couple of daft mistakes for those who travel by Volvo :p