Treat pellets like a fine red wine...

Discussion in 'Benchrest' started by paul.w, Aug 24, 2018.

1. paul.w

paul.w Member

Club:
    Mad, lea Valley
    Hi rob
    iv done a few now including a new tsar. But only as a last result. Iv got few new batches to try and going to give the barrel a good clean and I'll see what's what from there. Cheers paul

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  2. paul.w

paul.w Member

Club:
    Mad, lea Valley
    Hi Brian
    the more I think about it the more I'm thinking this might be the problem. I did have blurry vision to many late night... and I'm sure I ajusted for it but can't remember if it was on the S400 or the hw101 I'm setting up. I'll look at that tomorrow night. Cheers.

3. paul.w

paul.w Member

Club:
    Mad, lea Valley
    Well iv finally got there. after cleaning the barrel, polishing the crown, I got the rifle to group much better. Then decided to try the rifle without the air stripper and the original pellet I was using before. Bang first three pellets high and right but all in the same hole. Did a few card all went really well. Need to clean barrel after 200 pellets there abouts. Iv taken the zos scope off now and replaced it with a Weaver T36. Wow what a scope!!! I can now see the target crystal clear now. Why did I ever keep using that zos scope!!! So my first UKBR22 summer series over for me. Roll on the the winter series. Cheers for all your comments.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
    C.Eaton and RobF like this.
  4. Phil Kennett

Phil Kennett Active Member

Club:
    SARC - MAD
    Glad you got it sorted Paul, I'll be progressing my BR this year

5. paul.w

paul.w Member

Club:
    Mad, lea Valley
    Cheers Phil. I'm hoping for some good scores Thursday down the club. how you getting on with the new scope.

6. Phil Kennett

Phil Kennett Active Member

Club:
    SARC - MAD
    Not put it on yet Paul, been getting the 97 sorted, then the TX, probably try it this weekend