Travelodge sale £10

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by RobF, Feb 8, 2012.

1. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Just thought it might be useful for those overnight/double headers...

2. Gibbs

Gibbs New Member

Thank's for the link,
    Just don't forget they sting you £10 a day for parking!! (Strangely - They forget to mention this on their website!?)

Atb,

Alec.

3. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Shouldn't do. Well, I say that, they never have for me to date.

4. Gibbs

Gibbs New Member

I think it's a new way to recoup the lost income from the cheap accomodation. They charged me £10 per night for parking at Newbury late last year (and took no responsibilty for theft or damage of my vehicle). After my stay, they asked me to fill out a customer review and I made it very clear that I felt scammed (mainly because their online booking site made no reference to the parking fees) It would be nice if a barrage of complaints has reversed the charging, but I bet it hasn't.
    It does still work out as cheap accomodation though, just not as cheap as it looks on the website!

Atb,

Alec.

5. HotShot

HotShot Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns FTC
    I have never been charged for parking at a Travelodge but that is not to say they won't start :(

Thanks for the heads up - I will keep an eye out for it.

Dave.

6. HotShot

HotShot Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns FTC
    Just checked and at the M4 East / West bound + Chievely it says the following:

"The car park adjoining the hotel is owned by Moto and operated on their behalf by CP Plus. All Travelodge customers travelling by motor vehicle must enter their vehicle registration number into the console at hotel reception when checking in. This will ensure free parking for the duration of your stay. Failure to do so may result in an administration fee of £15. Travelodge Hotels Ltd will not be liable for any fines incurred. Travelodge customers do not need to pay and display."

This is what I have found when staying at the M4 Travelodge.

Dave.

7. Gibbs

Gibbs New Member

If I remember correctly, I had to put my reg in at the desk (the computer system had already read it on the way into the carpark! and I just confirmed it as mine) and then I had to get on my mobile and pay £20 by credit/debit card using some automated system. It wasn't just my mistake, the staff on the desk told me to do it and there were other people in the carpark on their mobiles doing the same thing.
    Maybe that system has changed, but I have just checked the Travelodge website and if you hunt hard enough it says some Travelodge site parking is free and most Travelodge parking sites will incur a charge. It doesn't tell you the charges though.

Atb,

Alec.

8. peadar_911

peadar_911 Too old to die young.

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    I think you'll find that it's not Travel Lodge that charge for parking, but the local Authority or land owner. Some sites have concessions for guests, others don't, luck of the draw really.