Tough shots

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by Conor, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics; DFTC; Nelson FTC
    What do you regard as a really tough shot? Various environmental conditions and other factors will dictate to various answers but what are your experiences of really difficult target?:confused: Just curious really, both HFT and FT experiences included.
    E.g. a high, long target at a steep angle in a strong direct wind:eek:
    Conor

2. Steve

Steve Member

I think the toughest shot I've had was at Anston(I think)last year at a UKAHFT shoot.Around 15 ish yards(but don't quote me on that):rolleyes:hanging over a bank shooting all on vertical straight down,and a reduced kill.For the record I missed:DThose that where there will know what and which I mean.

3. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

Yep that was nasty ... I got it:p:p:p:D:D:D

4. Knockedover

Knockedover CSFTA Champ

Makes a change :D:D:D

5. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    An exposed to wind target with little read material is always a tough test of nerve and judgement, but it's the ones that throw your position out of the norm that i struggle with or become hard work.

6. Jon

Jon Member

Sure they will let you know tomorrow, grown men are gonna cry:D

Within legalities an easy shot can be made hard by how you take the shot as in slopes, bumps etc.
    Knowing the ground helps and placing targets strategically to catch the wind.

7. Artfull-Bodger

Artfull-Bodger Member

Tondu a while back had a 15yd reducer in the woods after the pond, the first target in the lane was below the shooters level and the bank in front was high enough to force you to raise your shooting position which made for a very unstable stance, as shown by the numerous impacts on the plate!

My son hit the bank first attempt and ended up kneeling!:p

8. Scoch

Scoch HOW!!!

Club:
    Tayside Airgun Club
    I dont mind standers but when the wind is strong enough to move your body whilst standing I find that a lottery.

9. Knockedover

Knockedover CSFTA Champ

For me it would have to be steep elevated kneelers. With limited forend depth allowed in HFT any kneeler that is unsupported and forces the leading arm away from the support of the leg is always a bit nasty. Other than that I'm unfazed by most things:)