HFT Tomorrow at Cambridge - promises to be interesting

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by KeithW, Feb 24, 2018.

1. KeithW

KeithW Barn door? Where?

Club:
    Cambridge
    Well, of course it'll be interesting for everyone, with over £100 (or is it £200?) up for grabs in the free draw, and it's an HFT Masters course, so its especially interesting for those who like the extra challenge of unsupported standers and kneelers.

But this is crunch day for me and the HFT 500. I've now found pellets that it likes, and I'm confident the scope isn't wandering. And I've floated the action. I've proven to myself that in windless conditions I can group pellets within 20mm at 45 yards. So if I don't get a good score it can now only be down to ranging and not reading the wind. And I've proven in the past, on and off, that I can both range and read the wind, although it has to be admitted that I can seldom do both on the same course at the same time.

So here's my promise (this might just help me concentrate a bit more) : if I score over 50 I'll give £5 per point over 50 to charity or, if I score over 50 and win any money in the draw I'll give 50% of my winnings to charity.

Honest, I'm not trying to bribe Fate, just to add a bit of spice to my own particular challenge.

2. Kevg

Kevg Warning: May post in random areas

Club:
    Misfits
    How about you give £5 to charity for anyone that scores higher than you, not draw but only higher, as you are feeling so confident and generous :)

3. KeithW

KeithW Barn door? Where?

Club:
    Cambridge
    'Strewth, Kev. You're being a bit generous with my money ... against the field!

4. Kevg

Kevg Warning: May post in random areas

Club:
    Misfits
    Haha I know you are a very generous man Keith :p

5. regsie

regsie Member

Club:
    Cambridge HFT
    Sadly I must report certain charities now owe keith money (not sure but suspect this might be a get rich quick scheme? ) still I can confirm he tried hard and did place in his class!

6. KeithW

KeithW Barn door? Where?

Club:
    Cambridge
    Well, I certainly looked as if I was trying hard. ;)