tm1000

Discussion in 'Others' started by maddog, Dec 30, 2012.

1. maddog

maddog Active Member

Club:
    Emley f t c
    is there eny one shoot's a tm 1000 in field target, and can give a true opinion

2. Wayne65

Wayne65 Member

Club:
    Redfearns FTC
    Steyer

Dave,
    Are you selling your Steyer still?

3. James0807

James0807 Member

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    I shot a TM1000 for most of the UK rounds this year. The rifle is excellent, reliable, consistent and accurate. I found the stock to be really good too. I also have a laminate stock for it as well as the walnut.

Cheers.

4. TOOL

TOOL Independent FT Pumper

Humber Bridge , Barrow-on-Humber in Bomber County
    Club:
    EFTA England
    That floated barrel looks spot on for growing raspberry s or maybe some ivy ?

Look quite good wedged in a plant pot with some gravel around it ?

5. maddog

maddog Active Member

Club:
    Emley f t c
    i new it would not take long for a coment from scott

6. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    Harold Rushton (the pointman) from usa shot one in the worlds.

He had trouble with his.

to be honest nice gun if you want something different, but it has not got the beating of an Ev2.

7. TOOL

Club:
    EFTA England
    Well don't set it up for me then ! Grumpy t1t's

Instead of @rseing around chopping nd changing kit stick with something for more than two Saturdays and see if it works ?

To be honest I don't care

8. TOOL

Club:
    EFTA England
    Arh that's what big Harold shot Si ?

I know it doesn't / didn't travel well , he had it in bits I remember that much.

9. mgkd

mgkd Member

I had an FAC TM1000 with the long stainless shrouded barrel and thumbhole stock. Never had a single problem with it - shot about 2,500 pellets. Here are my learnings:
    -Well built, very strong parts. For example, the sidelever feels far better than the Steyr' s.
    -Very accurate barrel. My FAC TM1000 liked AA 10.3, 4.52.
    -Regulator was very consistent.
    -Trigger was crisp.
    The TM comes with either a thumbhole or "target" stock. Both are available in walnut or laminate. The thumbhole stock fits bigger hands better, the cheekpiece is thicker and the pistol grip is not vertical. The thumbhole stock did not fit me well so I sold the rifle. The target stock has a vertical smaller pistol grip, thinner cheekpiece and deeper/heavier(by a pound) forearm.
    http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h323/mgkd1/TM1000FT.jpg
    Since I sold the TM, I found a used TM target stock so I ended up converting a Theoben MFR into a "TM-MFR". I am still getting used to my new LG110 but this MFR' s accuracy is tough to match...
    http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h323/mgkd1/100_1700.jpg

10. Thepointman

Thepointman New Member

Club:
    Good Ole Boy's Field Target Club & Invicta Field Target Club
    Yes, I shot my TM1000 at the World match this year. It was the first major match that I shot it in and learned a few things as a result. I had the flu when I arrived in Norway and just generally performed like crap all weekend. So, don't blame my scores on the rifle as I take full credit for the worst shooting that I have managed in years...

In traveling with my riflle, I made the mistake of completely de-gassing the rifle before flying due to the U.S. aircraft regulations. When I arrived in Norway the rifle would not hold air. Fortunately, Martin had provided a complete extra set of o-rings, regulator and pretty much anything that I could possibly break on the rifle. I determined the valve o-ring was leaking and replaced it. She sealed up after that and held air fine from there on.

The gun is really simple and easy to work on and it is built like a tank so it's a very durable gun. Since the Worlds this year I have completely changed my set up on this gun. I have raised the scope higher and found a much better pellet for it. I was shooing JSB Express pellets before. They would shoot tight groups, but I found that I was getting some really crazy flyers in the wind. After trying a lot of different pellets, I found that Crosman Premier 7.9's shoot great in it. It seems to take half the wind correction that is was using with the JSB's before. So, the lesson learned is try every available pellet before settling in on one that appears to shoot good at first. (I should know this by now, but got lazy on this set up)

I have several WFTF rifles, so this season I will be comparing to see which I shoot best. My TM1000 will definatley be at the top of the pile after the recent changes that I've made. So, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Take care,

Harold Rushton
    USA

Here's a pic of my TM1000
    [​IMG]

11. maddog

maddog Active Member

Club:
    Emley f t c
    tm 1000

thats a nice looking gun harold, thank's for the info.dave

12. speedthing

speedthing New Member

Ive got mine on order:)

13. hddriver1

hddriver1 New Member

Best deal on the planet.

Harold,
    Being as how I am very poor I would be willing to take one of the rifles you decide you do not want off of your hands for free. Yep!! For free, there isn't a better deal any where on the planet than that one. Just kidding of course, I don't think you would part with one of 'em anyway.
    PatrickB
    :eek:o