Tm 1000

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by dia6olo, Aug 14, 2013.

1. dia6olo

dia6olo Member

Picked up a TM 1000 Saturday.

Spent Monday checking it over the chrono, it doesn't have a gauge so I wanted to check both how many shots and how consistent...

Filled to 190 Bar and used Daystate LI's 7.9 Grain from the tin because I had some laying around and knew they would have a reasonable weight consistency.

I was surprised to get 130 shots with 190 Bar before they started to tail off, shot to shot was very consistent, the max spread was 15fps caused by 5 or 6 shots, the rest were very consistent.

The rifle is still very new to me so not much I can say about it apart from it is very well finished and built like a tank! :D

My one concern when I ordered it was the trigger, I'm used to match triggers, Walthers, Anschutz and Steyrs! I needen't have worried, the trigger isn't match quality but it is PLENTY good enough! :)

I Ordered mine in laminate and asked for a stock modification (extra depth), unfortunately for me they managed to break the stock when it was in its final stage and ran out of the black/grey laminate they use.

I had the option to wait for more laminate or have it made in red laminate, I went red and glad I did! While I was at it I also asked for a shorter length of pull of 13 1/4 Inch, the standard is 14 1/4 Inch.

Initial impression is it fits me very nicely.

Did some pellet testing today, indoors at Atherton.

Rifle wasn't great with JSB Exacts 4.51, 4.52 or 4.53 but it really liked the JSB Express!

One rifle picture & some 55 Yard grouping pictures in the link bellow :)

https://picasaweb.google.com/dia6olo/TM1000?authkey=Gv1sRgCJTowI6G7-q3UA

2. milek

milek Active Member

Club:
    Nomads
    Just been reading about these as I saw one in the flesh on Sunday; very impressed. Can you tell me where you got it from so I can check the pricing & options?

Nice write up and lovely rifle.

3. dia6olo

dia6olo Member

Michal Tawn is the importer :)

4. milek

milek Active Member

Club:
    Nomads
    Cheers, will take a look.

5. Sharpe

Sharpe Semper fidelis

Club:
    Maldon
    Looks very nice mate!

6. Tone

Tone Active Member

Club:
    Bristol Aero & Quarry Hunters
    The stock looks great, good idea to go for the extra forend depth as I have had to put a hamster on mine which still works ok but adds to the weight, not the ightest guns out there but very very solid.

The block has been designed to take pressures up to 30ft/lb + for the American and South African markets. Lots of info on the South African and American forums.

heres mine:

DSCN0743.jpg [/ATTACH]

Tony

7. dia6olo

dia6olo Member

I'm really liking my Tony, using mine for HFT, shot today with it (not competition) and the stock fit feels VERY good. I'm really liking the trigger too!

Had it over the Skan chrono at the club just so I could tweak the power output to where I wanted it and had to keep resetting the Skan because of the amount of readings I had that were identical, very consistent with JSB express 7.9 grain and far more so than the 130 shot string I shot with the LI's, they were a very tight fit in the barrel, I had to literally force the things in which wouldn't have helped.

Only shot around 20 targets or so today but didn't miss a thing so well pleased :)

Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
  8. Tone

Tone Active Member

Club:
    Bristol Aero & Quarry Hunters
    Shot with mine today at the Welsh Masters, I did ok: http://www.shooting-the-breeze.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17828 :D

I use AA field in mine as I feel they are more stable than express in the wind, I have found however that express win hands down for accuracy indoors though.

Dont forget that a good set up is made up of three things as far as I see it, rifle, scope and pellet. If you get all three balanced then you are onto a winner.

Tony

9. dia6olo

dia6olo Member

Indeed Tony that is my one concern with the Express pellets, I shot with them months ago with a platinum and found them to be excellent but questioned them in the wind resulting in me switching back to Exacts.

I switched back to Express a couple of months ago because I was not happy with what my my Steyr was producing with the Exacts and saw instant improvement!

I have however yet to really expose them in the wind so time will tell...

Regarding my initial impression with them in the wind, it came at a time when I had other kit issues which I feel I wrongly pinned on the pellets not being great in the wind hence why I'm giving them another chance :)

Well done with your TM today :D