Titan and V- mach springs?

Discussion in 'Piston & Spring' started by doninva, Oct 5, 2018.

1. doninva

doninva New Member

Here in the states we usually only use Vortek or Air Rifle Headquarters. I had never heard of Titan springs till l came to this forum. Have only heard of V-mach springs a couple times. One of the best shooters in WFTF here has used a V-mach spring for the last 3 years with good sucess. Any thoughts would appricated. Thanks, Don

2. kt83

kt83 New Member

My 2004 .177 AA Pro Sport has VMach main spring fitted, they have extra stored energy thus being shorter in length reducing pre load.

VMach main springs are said to be a bit too rapid for some tastes and apparently make some rifles hold sensitive.

Generally VMach parts although not the cheapest are of excellent build quality and should be very long lasting.

Titan main springs have their fans too but the only one I bought for my .177 HW77 needed sizing so I ended up selling it.

3. fatwelshboy

fatwelshboy Member

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    Not a fan of the V-mach kits for the HW97/77 as I find them a bit slammy. I've shot HW95/98/80 with V-mach kits in and they've been much nicer. Also shot a TX200 mk3 with a V-mach kit and it didn't shoot any better or worse than a standard gun.

4. doninva

doninva New Member

Thanks guys, l was thinking of trying one of the V-mach kits in my TX200 HC. I have a Air Rifle Headquarters 12fpe spring with Delrin top hat and spring guide that l made in it. I took a couple coils off the spring and it is shooting 780fps with 7.87 JSBs. Shoots fairly quick with juat a thud. I also have a HW77 with a Vorteck kit. I took a couple coils off the spring and it is right at 12fpe. I also have a LGU that is shooting at 780fps with the 7.87 JSBs. It has a ARH spring. I was wondering if a V-mach or Titan would be a better choice when l need another spring. Don

5. skires

skires Well-Known Member

It seems to be springer tuning week.

The guy who is having a lot of success using the V-Mach kit will be doing so because he is pretty good at shooting springers.

V-Mach springs are generally shorter than standard springs and they have thicker wire. The spring will hardly extend beyond the rear of the main tube when you remove the end block. They give a very fast and snappy cycle. Some people like this and some people don't.

Some of the most respected tuners in the UK have preferred to use longer springs with more coils and thinner wire to give a softer feel to the cycle.

Far more knowledgeable guys than me comment on springs etc. I've always been a Venom V-Mach fan and continue to use their springs ... giving that fast and snappy feel. Consistency and accuracy is excellent.

6. ksts100

ksts100 Member

For me the best (complete) choice ,is the Vortek kit (very smooth with out any noise )
    2) Titan spring has excellent lock time ,but you have to cut the spring and make spring guides and top hat, in some of the famous springe airguns HWand Tx 200, FIT(the internal diameter) on the original guide the No 8 and No 7 titan (but need to cut the length)...
    3) V mach is good as complete solution ,but you Feel the spring during the shoot(not touang)and the most seals are over sized ..
    The most times, i use v-mach seal with titan spring ,or vortex seal with titan spring..
    PS
    In all above cases is good to reduce the size of the seals..

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018