Time for an allotment thread . lol

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Kingplinker, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Kingplinker

Kingplinker " Horsham HFT champion 2010 "... apparently...

Hi all

Well I've been on here a while and have seen a few moans about health but never an actual ailment thread so I just have to be the first !!! lol

As some of you know I have had a few health problems over the years and yesterday I was actually diagnosed as having Fibromyalgia which is similar to ME but with chronic pain ( excellent ) lol :D

Anyway next time you say that Kingplinker is mad I can answer , ' No I actually have Fibro..... ( sod typing that too many times )

Oh Kingplinker's using the old , ' Ooooooooooo my back hurts and that's why I scored 47 excuse ' I can again say no I actually have ..........

The more I think of it IT MUST BE THE REASON I CAN'T SHOOT FOR SHEEET , thats my excuse as I have Fibromyalgia ! lol

I am not going to give up shooting thankfully but I doubt I will get chance to shoot as much - I will save the good days for shooting of that you can be sure . :D

atvb

Dave

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  2. Feral

Feral New Member

Currently suffering a prolapsed (slipped) disc. Nurofen, codeine, Diazepam and Amitriptyline are my new best friends followed closely by the Osteopath... against advice, common sense and osteopath and doctors orders I've kept up some of my shooting although Nick, Dave et al. have been a real help when shooting round with them. I seriously dose up on pain killers before a shoot and straight after but tend to spend the next 2 or 3 days virtually horizontal... if it's not better soon they want to operate which I've been almost unanimously told to refuse.

Good news is I am definately on the mend now so moving in the right direction, going to take a couple of weeks off just to stop a relapse though.

3. Kingplinker

................... lightweight :D

Let me know when you are off and the pellets have arrived and I'll be down mate !

atvb

Dave

4. martin c

martin c New Member

ouch

sorry to hear your bad news mate and hope it doesn't get to bad.:(:(
    doesn't affect your typing finger then.:D:D:D

5. Kingplinker

I always type with my middle finger Martin :D:D:D

6. Prone Shooter

Prone Shooter New Member

Dave, you may have FibroMyxomatosis, but your still Mad:p:D:D

Seriously though, hope it desen't get any worse.

Bob

7. Kingplinker

Bob its like King Dong said to one of those respectful ladies , ' it doesn't matter how you say it , its still a mouthful . ' lol

Dave

8. Sparky

Sparky Ich dien Staff Member

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    Nar still no excuse, for the last 10 years been on Dihydrocodeine and Co-codamol, due to crumbling bones & chronic arthritis in my ankle and muscle waste from the knee down, pain with every step I do, some days even putting socks causes grief, every comp I do I’m in agony during and after the comp and normally laid up for a few days afterwards.
    Plenty of others on the UKAHFT scene have painful ailments.
    So basically what I’m saying Dave is that pain is no excuse for bad scores;)

Pete

9. Kingplinker

Flik me Pete I am surprised you didn't crumble into the keyboard mate . lol

Don't feel bad , I am sure ( with practice and a little luck ) you will beat Big Chris or Laity's recent scores . Jokes aside I have lost count of the chaps I have spoken too with the following checklist , gun , pellets , waterproofs , co - codemol - like I say its not going to stop me but it may reduce the shoots I can do ( which currently stands at one every three months ) . :D

atvb

Dave

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2009
  10. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Does temporary deafness from sleeping in the same house as Big Chris and Charlts count? (luckily I was only shooting a camera) I can imagine my inner ear was screwed... :D (my ear Dave, my inner ear...)

11. Prone Shooter

Prone Shooter New Member

Its a good job we don't have drug testing in this sport:eek:

Bob

12. villiers

villiers Self appointed antipimp

Club:
    Bisley
    A crack

At the moment big crack in the L3 in my back:eek: been told by the doc not to do any thing were i have to bend:confused:.

13. MojoCrow

MojoCrow New Member

Let's See now:

Asthma- Actually I shoot a little better (1 or 2 points) if I don't use my inhaler in the morning. It has to be weighed up with not being able to breath though.

Muscle fibre tear- Tore a few muscle fibres in my right shoulder a few years ago and never rested my shoulder properly while it was healing. It still bothers me every now & then.

Wrist injury- Never sit on the floor then use your fist to help push you up off the floor. My wrist folded forward and a helluva lot of pain would flare up for years after. It's what stopped me shooting back in 1991.

Sleep Apnoea- Not as bad as it used to be (nothing like being woken up by a loud & sudden deep intake of breath because you'd stopped breathing). The last good nights sleep (as in waking up feeling refreshed) was once about 5-6 years ago. If you see me yawning, it ain't personal.

Kidney Stone- Four years ago I ended up in hospital thanks to one. It's one of 10% that doesn't show up on an X-ray and the doc's weren't game enough to go in after it anyway. It's still rattling away inside me. Co-Codamol is my friend.

No wonder the junior's can score better than us; they're still in one piece. Nothing a cricket bat can't even out.;):cool:

14. Feral

Feral New Member

You've got my sympathy Don L3/4 is the disc that has prolapsed for me... sitting for more tahn a minute or two and bending are the worst :(

15. Kingplinker

Nearly there Cliff - Now you will actually win a competition mate .... Biggest Raspberry 2009 :D:D:D Huzaaaaaaaaaaar !

atvb

Dave

16. Mog

Mog New Member

Club:
    Truttemer Tir Club

What a coincidence!! I've got an L3 in my big crack. :eek:

17. BOMBER

BOMBER Little French Maid

Ischaemic heart disease is my main thing at the present time, had a triple bypass in 2006 which worked for 11 months then found out that my left ventricle was down to 20% pumping power. 2 months later the kidneys decided to let me know that they wanted in on the fun and I have now been awarded polysistic kidney disease. So the medics tell me that I may need a new heart and kidneys but they would rather do heart kidneys and lungs at the same time as its easier to swap the lot out:eek:

I could blame all theese for poor scores but I don;t as its just me being crap. It don't matter what your problems are as long as you can get to shoot once in a while and more importantly be amongst friends when doing it just seems to make me forget about the illness.

HAPPY SHOOTING:D

18. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

Never do things by bloody halves you do yer:p:p:D:D:D Hope you get sorted soon mate.

19. Kingplinker

Bl00dy Admin , allotment I ask ya ? :D:D:D

20. BOMBER

BOMBER Little French Maid

To be honest bud there comes a time when you can't take anymore poking and proding by the med staff even iff its in the best intentions.:(