Three Air arms questions.

Discussion in 'Air Arms' started by Silver brewer, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Silver brewer

Silver brewer New Member

What distance is the test card that air arms provide with their guns shot over?

Does clamping the action of a PCP in a vice (extremely carefully) and firing in still air give the true grouping capability of the pellet,. By this I mean are there harmonics within the action that do not like getting clamped in a solid fixture like you may find in guns that recoil and expand barrels etc?

Is there a defined name for the bi-pod mounting rail found under the stock of the FTP900 et all. It seems to take a head that is 1/10" thick and 1/2" wide, and has a 3/8" access slot, so it isn't metric and comes to us from a time when there were thruppeny bit's, and trains were interesting, but exploded now and then!

Thanks,

Rog

2. D. Clark

D. Clark Member

Club:
    MidShires Marksmen
    I found this thread I have deleted the other two questions but would be very interested in your comments on the above.
    As I have been doing some pellet testing with actions clamped in vice.

Thanks david

3. Tench

Tench WHFTA World Champion 2016.

I have seen a manufacturer use a vice with nylon V block jaws for action testing, it had a cam lock closing mechanism to ensure the correct and consistent clamping force. Actions were clamped with the firing valve/reg area in the clamps not the middle of the air tube!!

Once you have a satisfactory holding method I would imagine the securing of this vice or what ever device to something immoveable is more of a problem for accuracy testing.