Think av found somthing with pellets

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by hotversion, May 26, 2014.

1. hotversion

hotversion Member

Ive never being too impressed with my RN10 accuracy wise,and it should be better than my MPR but is isn't,:( reg now sorted I was thinking the barrel was to blame,people are saying use 4.51 jsb and talking to jeff at the club and being shown the results 4.52 are actually smaller than them:confused: and being a tight Yorkshire man with 3 full tins of 4.52s I need to get them working,the problem was the smaller pellet wasn't getting enough rifling when its getting to the choked part ov the barrel,so I shot a 10 ole group at work ,10m fixed in a vice with soft jaws action only,then shot 10 that I've modded by opening up the skirt a small amount by sitting them on a ball bearing and giving the head a small tap with a small flat object,:D boy what a result the vice was not fixed,so I figured I would get some movement,the ist group was 5p size group with left to right movement ,the modded was left to right movement but straight as you like,with a black marker you could draw a line across the path,looking forward to more tests down the club,if the wife will allow me:eek:

2. Tench

Tench WHFTA World Champion 2016.

The problem with the RN10 is the volume of regulated air is very small so the pressure drop when the firing valve opens is too great, more volume would reduce the pressure drop, this would result in more pressure to inflate the pellet skirt doing the job for you.

3. Dave Ramshead

Dave Ramshead England HFT Team squatter

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    Rn10 and pt work just fine with their standard regulated volume ;) the only problem with the original rn10 was the first reg, the later regs are fine

4. hotversion

hotversion Member

Re

I have the long barrel type,I would think that's better than a carbine,I would like to see that back to back tho.

5. maddog

maddog Active Member

Club:
    Emley f t c
    Rn10

Hi Dave don't be tight,send it to Barry Taylor and get a ev reg put in.

6. hotversion

hotversion Member

If you say so dave,that's enough for me.:lev

7. hotversion

hotversion Member

I ain't got your money dave ha,good shooting at Ponti by the way.

8. maddog

maddog Active Member

Club:
    Emley f t c
    Thanks pal just to show you what a old fart like me can do.:D:D