The Tunnel: Now Open

Discussion in 'News and Results' started by RobF, Jul 6, 2010.

1. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    The Target Sports Centre has opened this week!

The Tunnel offers two ranges: the 25 Metre Ground Floor Range with 4 lanes and the 50 Metre Range with 5/6 lanes.

Both are available for Small Bore and Gallery Rifle (Pistol Calibre Rifles) target shooting and can be used Small Bore, Full Bore Pistol and Black Powder. Airguns can also be used.

Both ranges can be used from a standing, kneeling or prone position and at 10, 15, 20 and 25 metres.

The Tunnel is a target shooting club whose facilities are available to both its members and to the general public subject to an initial visit to the Centre. Please note that no shooting is available on the same day as the first visit.

Opening hours are a follows:
    Mon 10am-8pm; Tues 10am-5pm; Weds Closed; Thur 10am-5pm; Fri 10am-8pm; Sat 10am-8pm; Sun 10am-1pm.

Range fees are £15 for visitors, £7.50 for members and £3.75 forjunior members. These costs include two half-hour sessions on the ranges. Guns and ammunition are available at extra cost.

All First Time Shooters are given basic instruction at no extra cost.

http://thetunnel.co.uk/

2. RobF

Club:
    we've had our roving shooter pop down this week...

in short, MEGA...

but i'll let him fill in the details.

Just itching to get down there now... just need a break in the cloud at work

I don't think this project is going to stop here either... plans are afoot for even more ranges, for more disciplines...

And it's only and hour away from home... woot!

3. ChrisJ

ChrisJ Member

Club:
    EAST DEVON FTC
    I have been meaning to pop over, only 30 min from home and as you say looks well set up with plenty of room for expansion.

4. richardio123

richardio123 Member

The Tunnel!

Yes, is fantastic....no wind, a cafe, toilets..... is this shooting we know? Richard the owner is a really good guy too!

It is really done to such a high standard, it is getting some more lights as it is a little dark on the 50m range for target stuff at the mo although I shot fine yesterday for 3 hours ;-)

Here are some unfortunately blurred photos but it will give you a great idea what the place is like! Oh he even has a shop, but it has only been open for 5 weeks so he is building it up and open to suggestions for stock too!!!!!

Go on up! I learned so much yesterday and in only one session, a real eye opener when it is just you and 50m :eek:

Oh contact them through http://thetunnel.co.uk/

Rich

Attached Files:

5. RiffRaff

RiffRaff New Member

Club:
    West Hull Pistol & Rifle Club
    that looks stunning,, puts a couple of ranges were i live to shame,, bet there aint no leaky roofs or dodgy floors in sight,, some clubs should take a leaf out of this guys book

6. RobF

Club:
    I think they'd like to take a leaf out of his wallet as well ;)

But that said, i think a few have said this sets the standard for a facility, and it doesn't sound like it's finished yet either in terms of the final range of offerings...

Itching to get down and do some wind free long range shooting :)

7. richardio123

richardio123 Member

Yes they are just starting on the 100 yard range too! I gotta say where else can you take your stalking rifle and buy some ammo,zero it in doors, get a bite to eat, have a good chat!!!!! Job done.

I can see this place being quite a hub for shooting especially when all the plans come to fruition ;-)

Oh forgot to say the 25 yard range had a coaching room attached to it with a window so Parents/coaches can keep an eye!

They also rent out various fun stuff to have a go on so you can try a .44 for size, I could go on and on

It is sooooooooooo good!

R

8. ChrisJ

ChrisJ Member

Club:
    EAST DEVON FTC
    Me and Jerry have been booked in the shoot on Thursday as guests of the club so hope to tell you all about our experiance later that day. :)

9. rich

rich Active Member

I hope you get to shoot, Chris. Their website is saying no shooting on your first visit

10. Snapshot

Snapshot Member

Looks very good and I hope they do well.

We used to have three ranges available to the public in the tunnel in Devizes but the old pistol and 100yard ranges are now used for ballistic testing. We keep hoping to get the pistol range back and open it for .22 rimmie and gallery rifle, extending the airgun range over it, but we can't get the investment. :mad:

Jonathan

11. ChrisJ

ChrisJ Member

Club:
    EAST DEVON FTC

We asked and they said no problem bring the guns. :)

12. ChrisJ

ChrisJ Member

Club:
    EAST DEVON FTC
    Wow...The Tunnel is so good... Me and Jerry were guests of The Tunnel today and we were booked onto the 50m range and spent 2hrs just pleasing ourselves.
    When we arrived we were booked in by the lovely receptionist and shown to the 50M range, We got all our kit set out then Richard Clist came up and introduced himself and told us a little history of the place and what a nice and approacable chap he is, He explained all the facilities he has so far which Is the 5 lane 50M range upstairs which is fully airconditioned with toilets of to the right and also a 5 lane airconditioned 25m range which can be converted to 10m air which is downstairs, as Rich said there is also a coaching and viewing room so you can see whats happening. Just behind the coaching room is the toilets which also have full disabled access, walking down the long corrador you come to the gun room/shop on your right and at the very bottom is the well set up cafe with flat screen TV and out side a patio area if you need some fresh air, Just beyond the patio is where the 100m range is to be built which is progressed to start in a couple of weeks and the good news that Richard told us is that they have passed inspection this week to become a centre of excellence for shooting which means they have also secured funding from sport for england so electronic target systems will be put in place with this investment, plus they can host olympic training for team GB and other countries when the teams come over. They also have some nice equipment you can rent to try out on the ranges including a couple of .22 AR15,s. I think the price was £15 for 50 rds. Beats sitting on the beach if your down on holiday. I for one have just been looking for a facility like this and jerry and me had free reign on the 50 m range which meant we could go forward of the line and shoot at differing ranges, My application for membership is filled in already as i want to go FAC and to have one of the best facilties in the country on your doorstep it would be rude not to...To be honest I can't find any negatives about this venue, well OK just one the carpark could be a little small on busy days.. :)

13. RobF

Club:
    top stuff chris... nice to see their getting some funding as well.

cant wait to get down there... :)