The Troops Trophy HFT comp 1st round 21st Nov 2010.

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by Grayling, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Grayling

Grayling New Member

A proud Englishman from a once great country sadly
    Club:
    Fort airgun club
    The Troops Trophy competition is a new team comp that kicks off at Forts Mouldsworth site on the 21st November 2010. This will be the first of 4 legs. All the proceeds are going to fill Morale parcels that will be sent to British forces now on operational tours of Afghanistan. We will have a team present from the 1st Battalion Royal Welch Fusiliers who came home from Afghan in June this year who received a few tons of Morale parcels Christmas gone and also hopefully our own Kieran Turner on leave at that time from his present tour who as also just received a load of parcels and has already posted on the AirgunBBS to say of the morale boost these parcels give our troops. Kieran will be accompanied by his brother Jay Turner.

Although a team competition it will be open to individual HFTers who would like to take part also thus helping us fill more parcels. There will be hot food and drinks plus carparking on site and our caterer is very good. Nige Gillieman will post directions and a post code for sat nav users in below for those who need directions.

As said all proceeds from these comps will go to fill more parcels to sent to operational units on tour in Afghanistan at present. And any BBS members on here will know how important our troops rate these Morale Parcels by the many thankyou letters that myself and Clifftop have posted on the AirgunBBS and our own Fort Forums over the past few years. I think everyone will agree that our serving soldiers do not need charity but to know that we back home in the UK care enough to go to these lengths gives our fighting soldiers as much of a morale boost as the goodies in our parcels.

The four legs of the comp are listed below

21st November Fort
    16th January Rivington 2011
    13th February Tawd Vale 2011
    13th March Oldham 2011

Can any people interested in attending please post below so we have some idea how many shooters to cater for. This will give Fort a heads up on what to expect on the day.

The course should prove excellent as we are lucky enough to have Tawd Vales Geoff Watkinson and Dave Benyon helping us set the course out surely the best course setting team in the country today. So hopefully a hard but fun HFT course is a certainty.

May I thank our very own Andrew Compton for buying this beautiful Bronze Trophy.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
  2. Andy006

Andy006 Member

Looks like a great comp. Fantastic trophy too. Well done to all that make the effort. Would have loved to have a go but too far for me at the moment and I can't really afford to do HFT comps these days. Struggling as it is after leaving HM Forces.
    Keep up the good work.

Andy

Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
  3. gillieman

gillieman New Member

Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
  4. A.C.

A.C. Non member

I'd just like to say that the course will be set from 8 yards out to 50 yards. It can also be shot HFT or FT style. As Gary mentioned the course will be set in conjunction with Dave Benyon and Geoff Watkinson, possibly the best HFT course setters in the game, so you will be pretty much guaranteed a good days shooting at Forts Mouldsworth shooting ground.A number of Fort club members along with Dave and Geoff will be setting the course out over the period of a day prior to the competition, leaving just the final touches to be made on the day of the comp itself. With all this in place this round/comp should be well worth attending for the sport side alone, added to this we will be raising money for an excellent cause.
    Regards Andrew

5. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

What time is kick off?...might be able to make this now.:D

6. A.C.

A.C. Non member

10.30 is the time everybody is working too.
    The course will be set up largely throughout tomorrow (Wednesday) with the help of Dave Benyon and Geoff Watkinson.
    Sunday will need very little work, plinking range and the like, so we are aiming for a quick start.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2010
  7. gillieman

gillieman New Member

Well i am gob smacked to say the least that this forum is about target shooting (Hft the main) and there have been 220 views and only 5 reply's:confused: This 4 x comps is about raising money for troops not injured and coming back from Afghan minus body parts, but this is about sending them something from the people back home in from the comfort of there home's with every luxury at hand to them.

I myself feel compelled to write this being ex forces myself 9 tours of N.I. Bosnia, Kosovo, and Iraq twice. Life is really **** on tour with not much to look forward to except R&R having mail is a great morale boost even more so a parcel. Alot of the lads who join the army have no family so needless to say they get nothing!! i was pretty much one of them and there is nothing more gutting than seeing the lads get mail and parcels and all you get is the words of "unlucky mate maybe next time".

This is the whole reason why we are doing this to make our troops feel there are people back home who care.

On a personnel note i am gutted the lack of responce off here gutted.

I for one will be going to all of them be it in the North west, Kent, North East where ever.

8. brianf51

brianf51 Fort AGC

Club:
    Fort AGC
    Mike, Mark and I will be there for that Nigel

9. Bodger J

Bodger J "PBD...Pete's Brolly Dolly"

Club:
    Fort Airgun Club
    I should be on site at about 8 to 8-30 Nige:)

10. beesl999

beesl999 Member

You know me and Kie and Mikey will be there mate:)

11. BOMBER

BOMBER Little French Maid

A few of us from hollins green hft will be along to the rounds.

12. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

I'll be bringing as many as i can from Emley:D....the trouble is that the shooting calender is so packed that shoots are bound to clash. This clashes with a few shoots but mainly, for me , the Emley winter league.

13. A.C.

A.C. Non member

The Muppets (both Ell and H) will be there Nige. We should be there around 8 which probably means 8.30 knowing their useless timekeeping. Really looking forward to it and after the time and effort setting the course yesterday, in that vile weather with the people we had this course should be a belter.
    My only thought about people not posting on here or the BBs is that it could make it difficult to organise things like the catering but I have spoken to Nigella and he's going to cater for more rather than less. The other thing is the weather is looking much better for Sunday, than it looked yesterday with sun being a distinct possibility.
    Regards Andrew

14. Grayling

Grayling New Member

A proud Englishman from a once great country sadly
    Club:
    Fort airgun club

There are only a handful of lads who have ever actively helped us out on these Charuty comps Nige, whether for H4H or our parcels appeal. The amount of views on the BBS or here proof there is little interest in supporting our Troops whether wounded or not. I've got used to it over the years, but as long as the likes of Chris C, Scooby, Sparky etc are amongst that handful then we aren't doing to bad :). Sadly it seems modern human nature to think F##K YOU JACK I'M ALRIGHT. Perhaps if they saw how much these parcels meant to our troops at the front or had spent anytime at the military wing of Selly Oaks Hospital or the RAF hospital, Headley Court they'd understand just why we do what we do.

APATHY RULES, WHO CARES.

15. gillieman

gillieman New Member

Agreed Gary as you already know i was also a patient at Hedley Court myself and i seen 1st hand the types of injuries the lads had!! Two of my room mates had bad injuries the one lad had lost his frontal lobe which looked mad to see someone with half an head!! this injury occured in Iraq.

My other room mate lost his leg and half of his arm, he was an engineer repairing an electrial cable in Bosnia when they got shot at and one of his team fell onto the cable Hammy new he had to treat the gun shot wound and pull his team member off the cable before he dies of his wounds! in pulling him off the cable his left leg was blown off and part of his arm. His webbing was melted into his waist. Hammy and his team member both survived there injuries.

Thats why i do it Gary.

16. stotty

stotty member

I must say, your very passionate about this, im pretty new to this sport, and im still trying to find my feet, I am also an ex servicemen, and have served in hostile environments,I was seriously injured and as a result i was discharged, I still work with the services and still work abroad. I am very passionate about this cause too. I think what you guys have been doing is fantastic and I would like to offer my help as and when i can, I do work weekends, but if im available then please send me a PM and i will help.
    I live in shropshire, but i will travel, my young son will also be available when i am.
    Again well done
    Steve

17. skires

skires Well-Known Member

Gary/Nige

Great to see your passion about this lads.

Don't get too down about the number of replies on the internet threads. I know you would like people posting so you can judge how many will be there but I'm sure loads will turn up on the days. A lot of folk just don't feel confident posting on the net. The HFT guys have also just spent all summer driving all over the country for the Nationals with the season concluded with the Gathering just last week so there's probably a bit of a vaccuum at the moment ( re the enthusiastic posting on here ).

I read that you set the course up on the Wednesday.

We do all appreciate what these lads are doing guys.

Boz

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  18. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

Good shout Steve. I think Gary is right though. There is a huge amount of apathy out there but occasionally a diamond shines through to instill my faith in human nature.

You know who you are....Ray.:D

19. berty177

berty177 Judge Diva

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    The comp is on Sunday 21st

Boz,

This competition is being held on Sunday 21st November not Wednesday just gone. Just thought it was worth me pointing that out for you fella....

Berty

20. skires

skires Well-Known Member

Cheers Berty

Yup I know it's this Sunday ( 21st ) fella. I'd read somewhere on one of the threads that the course had been set out on the Wednesday so that there was less to do on the Sunday. I think it was Dave Benyon and Woki that helped set it up ( sorry if I'm wrong ). I'll try and get to the shoots but I'm saying that if the other courses for the future shoots are to be similarly set up one day in the week previous to the Sunday then I can try and drive up and help out. I actually enjoy setting targets out ... must be the sadistic side of me.

Sorry if I confused anyone.

Boz

Last edited: Nov 19, 2010