The Redfearns rule change thread?

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by chrisc, Dec 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

Where did it go?

The one about where RF have decided to charge all visitors 3 quid:eek:

And where the Anglo American will be taken back to a mainly FT format...although it can be shot SFT.

2. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

It was deleted by the thread starter Chris as what started out as a simple information thread soon turned into something else.

If this thread starts to go the same way then I will moderate

3. mikewills8904

mikewills8904 walthers last the course

Club:
    oaktree ftc and tondu ftc
    redferns

3 quid to shoot at redferns

12 quid on bacon and sausage babs :)

65 quid on fuel :(

the pleasure of shooting with pete

worth every penny

4. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

Don't tell porkies Mike, you spent a lot more than £12 on Sandwiches :p

5. Dave Ramshead

Dave Ramshead England HFT Team squatter

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    3 quid is good value to shoot at a new venue for any shooter, especially when it's a nice ground.

6. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

Not when RF members can go to other NEFTA grounds for free (apart from Ponty , which is a quid)...and then expect other NEFTA club shhoters to come and pay. Ponty might just get away with the quid but then they have proper toilets and good parking.....whereas.

What it boils down to Dave is this. As Emley shooters are not allowed onto our ground when there is an airsoft meet (one sat but sometimes 2 per month) we go to Redfearns to enjoy the warm feeling of welcome and hospitality. Redfearns have looked on this as an oppotunity to rake in a bit of cash and it sucks. especially because of the history between our two clubs. There has been moaning and whining from RF members for months and sometimes i can't get into my car seat until i've pulled all the daggers from my back.

Don't get me wrong, some of the lads at RF are the nicest blokes you could ever want to meet but some are the most poisenous little feckwits i've ever had the misfortune to come across.

Maybe someone from the RF committee could pop on here and explain why 3 quid?....i'd like to hear how that figure can be justified.

7. 1963malc

1963malc Member

Just for your information, as far as I'm aware, PARC currently has no visitor's fee.

They have been considering it but haven't implemented it.

8. villiers

villiers Self appointed antipimp

Club:
    Bisley
    Its £3.00 to shoot at Bisley as a visitor.Free tea coffee as well.So not bad value:).

9. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

That's not what the Anglo is about, shame :( and I know I won't be driving 4hrs north to shoot SFT and suspect a few other South based shooters will be the same:cool:

10. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Yep, £5 for CGC visitors! (no tea either!) and it's £2.50 for members, but I don't think it's that which is causing the angst.

But let's keep it civil. I've seen a RF vs EM thread blow up before.

What's that about the Anglo? I haven't shot it at all yet... :(

11. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

As Rob said...please re-read the above threads and you'll pick up on the real problem.

12. Tyke

Tyke Member

Just for your information The Anglo American is an FT shoot and it allways was. The HFT side was included a few years ago but as the number of people entering it has dropped steadily since its inclusion the club and course setters decided at the Annual General Meeting to drop it from the competition as the large amount of extra work didn't justify the same number of HFT shooters.

13. JAGXKRS

Yeah hell of a lot of work to hammer 60 pegs in:rolleyes::rolleyes:

14. skipper

skipper New Member

Im with you on this big fella......its one shoot i really really look forward to doing in HFT , it will be a sad day :(

Ollie

15. Tyke

Tyke Member

The Anglo American consists of 2 courses, each course has 25 lanes and that means if we use HFT rules we have to cut 50 lanes to ground level in a mature woodland so that each target can be seen prone. Removing fallen branch's etc then cutting back the bracken to see the target is a hell of a lot of work I know I've done it. With the event been in the summer the bracken is growing constantly and in past years we have had to clear some of the course 2 or 3 times over the days leading up to the event. And then there's the rain if we get moderate to heavy rain the weight on the foliage brings it down so on the morning we have to go around the whole course again to chop that back.
    I wish it was simply a case of hammering in 50 as I like to shoot HFT myself but it isn't and the club is not willing to go to all that trouble for an ever decreasing amount of HFT shooter.

16. Dave Ramshead

Dave Ramshead England HFT Team squatter

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    ahh, wasn't aware of a no fee agreement between the NEFTA clubs Chris, I see the cause for complaint now.
    It just looked like you were being a whiny old tart at first :D

atb
    Dave

17. JAGXKRS

Prehaps some of the Redfearn's committee need to ask themselves why this is the case and cheesing off most of NEFTA with your charges is'nt going to get many FT lads along is it.;)

18. Tyke

Tyke Member

Dave don't be taken in by what is been posted on here by people who weren't at our AGM.
    I wont go into details about the changes they can be see at the Redfearns site under news I just want to say this, the meeting was the best attended I have ever been to and after lengthy debate each of the decisions were passed by a large majority including the visitor charge.
    I would also point out that as far as I am aware there isn't a formal no fee arrangement at NEFTA clubs and as for visiting other NEFTA clubs the traffic is all in the direction of Redfearns and Ponte.
    The feeling at the club is that the members think it is wrong to use their money, time and labour so that regular visitors can use the facilities freely.
    I will give you an example of the kind of thing that has been happening, Someone joined a club didn't bother to take his gun from its case and made his way straight to Redfearns to use the facilities and people wonder why the Redfearns members are pissed off.
    The £3 fee was suggested, discussed and voted in and it wasn't an arbitrary amount picked out of the air and you can take my word for it as an committee member

19. Tyke

Tyke Member

There seems to be an opinion on here that the committee makes decisions unilaterally but the facts are that all the points brought up at our meeting were thoroughly discussed and voted on democraticaly by the membership.

20. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

I am a whiny old tart anyway....

But you know me Dave, it normally takes loads for me to start rocking the boat. the agreement wasn't anything official, just an honourable gentlemans agreement between the NEFTA clubs.

I'll ask the same question again to any RF committee member....how do you justify the 3 quid?...and why now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.