The new American made Daystate pellets.

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Grayling, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Grayling

Grayling New Member

A proud Englishman from a once great country sadly
    Club:
    Fort airgun club
    Has anyone tried the new American made Daystate pellets ? If so are they still sold in the standard 4.51/4.52/4.53 sizes like the older types. They do look to be in bigger tins. I shot a few on the indoor range a few weeks back and saw they were noticeably shorter than the current JSB manufactured types marketed by AA/Daystate/FX etc. What about pellet weights, are they fairly consistent. I noticed while on the range they have that lube that Crossman Acupells are covered in, I never liked that gunk on Accupells what are folks thoughts on it in this case.

I found while using these new pellets my POA had risen by at least 6mm at 25 yds. And now in this months hobby magazines I read these new pellets have been endorsed by an FT champion.

Your thoughts please.

2. Willbe

Willbe I Like BIG Hats!

Club:
    Far Coley FTC
    They are indeed Crossman Premiers/Accupels and as such are known about. In this case usual rules apply. Try them, they may suit, they may not.

3. chrispro97

chrispro97 New Member

Club:
    purley chase ftc
    crossman prems they they will need sizeing bit tight going in the breach,very good pellets in their day,personaly id buy prems from crossman they r cheeper than daystate:mad:

4. Dave Ramshead

Dave Ramshead England HFT Team squatter

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    Was speaking to Sean at BAR about them, apparently they are made by crosman but on brand new dies which were paid for by Daystate - so they have exclusivity for pellets off these dies.
    In the mid 90's prems were ace but went off after a few years, probably run the dies too long, if the new Daystate dies produce pellets as good as the early prems they should be really good if they suit your barrel.:)

5. Jon

Jon Member

Wonder if the batch number is on underside of each tin, Accupels and Webleys were not.
    If this is the champ i think it is, he has only shot three times in two years and gets his from ASI.

6. herx77

herx77 Member

The Bodyboarding capitol of Hertfordshire.
    Club:
    Lea Valley Air Gun Club
    Speaking to Daystate about samples to try, they asked what calibre I wanted,eg 0.177 4.52,the reply I got was they are not doing head sizes just 0.177.
    No 4.50,4.51,4.52, and 4.53.
    They next question I asked, was the mk4 barrels to the same size as the mk3's barrels (as only the one size),inference was they are not the same.So it looks like the pellets are sized for the mk4 barrels onwards.?
    If they fit they should be good ? havn't tried the samples yet but some down at the club have tried them in the limited edition 'platinums',havn't seen the results yet.
    HERX77 .

7. herx77

herx77 Member

The Bodyboarding capitol of Hertfordshire.
    Club:
    Lea Valley Air Gun Club
    Gone off the old RWS Superfields Dave? any left over :rolleyes:.
    Managed to get 25000 three year old unopened box of five sleeves.Should keep me going for a year or so :D.
    Did hear rumours that you may be getting a custom gun made,any details available.
    HERX77 .