1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The marketplace : Guests and New Members viewing

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements and Feedback' started by RobF, Mar 12, 2010.

1. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    The Sales/Wanted section is only visible to registered members, guests cannot see it.

New members who sign up will not be immediately allowed to view sales and wanted section.

We will not be divulging the criteria for to see the marketplace, it's automatic and designed to encourage those that participate and contribute in the forum, not those just here to buy and sell.

New member status isn't something that just goes away with time, you are considered a new member no matter how long you have signed up for if you have never been active outside of the marketplace.

This has been primarily driven by a few people whose actions saw them banned from sales and then who decided to re-register as a way of circumventing that and continuing this behaviour.

Welsh Wizard and MickyFinn like this.
  2. sillywizard

sillywizard New Member

does this mean I have to comment on something instead of just reading about in order view the wanted or sales

3. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics
    You also need to use your local town as your location to make use the sales/wanted forum.

Using the ‘introductions’ subforum for new members is a good starting point.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2018
    Welsh Wizard likes this.
  4. oultonegg

oultonegg New Member

Club:
    Waveney shooting club
    Hi Joined on the 11th Feb have been using the sale ,so why now after 5 weeks of joining I can not use it?

5. RobF

Club:
    Please see above.

6. Patsy70

Patsy70 New Member

I have been using the forum for a couple of years now....mainly gathering information, looking at results (how well.......or badly i performed) and where events and competitions are weekends. I am still very much a learner in the HFT arena so not sure i can have a lot of input at the moment!......but what i have learn ‘t has been very useful!

Earlier this year i noticed i had access to the For Sale forum, this was great as i began to look at what may be available to buy second hand rather than brand new and maybe the possibility of upgrading my current rifle and other accessories. I am now in a position that i have decided to upgrade and have been looking at different rifles that have been put up for sale recently with a view to buy something.

I have now lost access. This not only affects me trying to buy something, but also limits the market for the members who are trying to find potential buyers. My only option now to buy from either another selling sites or from a shop. Is there not a way you can stop new members from selling (posting new items)......but allow them access to view and buy?

7. Sammy elwin

Sammy elwin New Member

Club:
    Kent woodmans field target club
    Hi I haven't been a member for a month or two and again got a lot of info and a not got bits from the for sale site to get where I am, I have posted info and commented on different things but now can't buy or sell

How long do we have to be a member for before we can buy sell to other members?

8. RobF

Club:
    Unfortunately not without letting in the people we don't want to let into sales/wanted because of their behaviour. I appreciate that new members may have little to say, but I also think that there's probably more to say than 2 posts in almost 2 years. :)

9. RobF

Club:
    Please see 1st post :)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  10. Sammy elwin

Sammy elwin New Member

Club:
    Only been on here 4 or 5 weeks and posted 4 or so, not sure what else to post unless there is something that need awnsering or someome else needs awnsering, so go back to my question how long do we have to wait before we can access the full site?

It's not a problem just be nice to no

Thanks Rob

Regards
    Sam

11. Patsy70

Patsy70 New Member

Thanks Rob......i'll only post something if i have something to add..........good news though........up to 4 posts now!:D

12. Sammy elwin

Sammy elwin New Member

Club:
    Thanks Rob

RobF likes this.
  13. Michael Brownlie

Michael Brownlie New Member

Club:
    JGARC
    I have made some posts and they seem to have gone, along with my access to the sales section ?

14. RobF

Club:
    You’ve made 1 post outside sales except this one.

Please read at the top of this post as to why you can’t see sales.

poth and Welsh Wizard like this.