The march

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by holly, Nov 30, 2013.

1. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Howdo . one of our lads ( old git ) is thinking about a march . i tried to talk him out of it , saying look what it 's done for rob . BUT he insists on learning more . so what he needs is a fairly light scope . with a illum ret . which one . what price . do you have to get it from japan , or england . who does the bits for em and how much are they . thanks in advance for any info . ??? HOLLY:).

PS and from those who own one , are they really the best scope for FT at the moment

2. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics
    Gary Costello of March Scopes UK.
    The 10-60 is light and 30mm tube and rangefinds superbly. I think it comes with optional IR.
    The 8-80 is 850g so not a lightweight but much lighter than a PM2 and Nikko.

Mine hasn't let me down since u got it. Easy to use, best rangefinding scope I the planet, holds zero, great turrets, super optics, is it the best...scopes are personal things and money don't buy you talent or trophies

3. Jon

Jon Member

You have 4" eye relief for a start so any weight is thrown further away from you.
    To give you some idea my 10-60 weight 730gr has near on same balance as a 950gr scope with usual eye relief.
    Overall weight feels lighter noticed immediately.

8-80IR felt big and bulky up top but only 845gr, best rangefinder bar none but takes more than that to make an usable scope. If used to BSA/Niko and any other heavy weight user should be fine with it.

IR adds 45gr to weight and a gimmick.

Prices vary on same model, extra for better ret, extra for IR and dearer in silver.
    Available from https://www.marchscopes.co.uk/
    Price list here https://www.marchscopes.co.uk/index.php/site-map/march-scopes-uk-price-list
    10-60 tactical start at £2262 to £2650
    8-80 start £2553 to £3037
    Plus mounts and extras.

4. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Right .

thanks for that . jon and connor . i will pass it on to him tomorrow and tell him what was said ??? HOLLY

5. Yoeri_B

Yoeri_B Member

Club:
    Belgian Air Shooters & B/Gwent
    Best post in a long time! :D especially the money woun't buy ... part

6. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics
    As Jon says, IR not really needed but useful in a really dark spot. MTR-3 reticle or MTR-FT are best choice rets for FT.
    They stock the mounts and Jon's wheels (the best). Gary will prob throw in a set of mounts with the scope.
    The 5-40 first focal plane is another option, but its 875g. Ret is quite nice too on x40 mag.

7. PaulD

PaulD I like Feinwerkbau's

Club:
    Tawd Vale FT&ARC
    I would agree with most if what both Conor & Jon have said but they are NOT an easy scope to use especially when compared to say a Big Nikko! superb when you get used to them but not a take out of box and win instantly type of scope.

8. James0807

James0807 Member

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    This is true. You would not believe how many people think the equipment will buy sucess. It doesn't!

Cheers.

9. Lol Moore

Lol Moore Banned

Club:
    Ford & Oaks
    Does if you go in a trophy shop :D

10. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Hols, can he get to a CSFTA winter league? If so, mine would be there and perhaps Justin's so he could compare.

11. Woody

Woody The Chaser!

Club:
    Bisley, Member of the Ostler Air stripper club of GB!
    Yep he can look through mine also.
    I have just mounted it on the EV from the Walther, just needs a zero in now.

12. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    NO

No rob .grandad does not like to travel to far ( tight git ) gave him all the details and the web site . started to have a look at em as you do and began thinking what i could sell to buy one . ohwerrrrr ??? HOLLY:)