The mad double header

Discussion in 'Calender Events' started by Where's Molly, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Where's Molly

Where's Molly Member

Club:
    M.A.D
    Thats the courses complete then.
    Theyve only taken five weeks to build so pretty much a record.
    Saturdays course starts in the bottom part of the wood and meanders out into the meadow for a few targets then gradually eases its way up the front part of the hill of terror finishing off with a lovely view of the estuary (and quaint nuclear power station). The majority of targets (unlike on sunday) are in plain sight and ready for all the bracketers to fill their boots. Remember that at MAD we only use standard size kill zones. You wont find a deviously crafted 33mm target on our courses.

Sundays course is at the back part of the wood and starts at the lower section and then heads out to the very back before turning and rising in a crescent to the opposite side of the wood. Theres said to be a lowly 17mph wind on Sunday which wont really matter too much as Vince (world champion) didnt spend hours planning where to put the targets so that theyd take the most and weirdest wind. :D. I reckon this course is all about trusting your kit because when your pellets do strange things you just need to be able to say "the guns all good ive just been Hollandaised".

The MAD barbecue will be available on friday, saturday and sunday evenings and of course you can come and camp for free. Please take your rubbish home with you as this will enable us to keep camping free in the future.

We have a 20 shot practice course in the meadow to get your juices flowing and of course a full plinking range from 10-55yds.

We have 2 side shoots this year, Splat attack (as named by Richie Bailey) and long range. As long as Eric Bynum doesnt turn up i reckon the long range could be anybodys. The long range target is approx 75 yards so get that fourth mildot polished up ready.

I think thats about it so ill sign off but if you need to know anything just ring Vince Holland but please be advised that he only answers his phone at around 3am.

Dop.

2. vinny

vinny WHFTA 2015 World Champion

Club:
    M.A.D
    hope you all enjoy it

Dop and I have purposely had no influence in each others course so hopefully it should all be different , the majority of targets are all nice and cuddly in the woodlands canopy , the practise course on the hedgerow of doom can be soul destroying even if theres a bit of wind , all set up and rtg theres also a skill set shoot put out by Jill and Finn C , enjoy , look forward to seeing you all there, thanks to all the help we had from our members ,Johnny Weaver , our constant unseen source of help ( and amusement ) my personal thanks to Mz Greatricks weve had some fun , any queries on local pubs or site amenities let us know,
    Back to nursing the bruises a nd removing the thorns

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
  3. Ash Bailey

Ash Bailey Herder of delinquent cats.

Club:
    Parkstone GC, Glevum, Nomads HFT.
    Really looking forward to the weekend guys. MAD is a bit special (needs)!

Cheers for your efforts!;-)

4. Paul Relf

Paul Relf New Member

Can't wait for it. I will be there today after lunch some time. Then I'll put up my tent and let the good times roll. :):shot:

5. dnic

dnic Share the Love

Club:
    Misfits, Australia OMT
    Looking forward to the weekend. Thanks in advance to the course setters/helpers, for your hard work (looking forward to seeing a Nuke Station)
    See you all Saturday.

David

6. tugg

tugg itchy trigger finger

Club:
    springfield and mad
    Just wondered Vinny,
    when are all therest of mad team going to get their laminated copies of all the target ranges that you've had on your fridge door and bathroom mirror for the last couple of weeks?:eek: thanks in advance:D:D:D:D:D
    On a serious note ,Dop and Vinny have put out 2 cracking courses that I'm sure everyone will love and hate at the same time , can't wait.

7. scutter

scutter Aspiring to mediocrity

Club:
    MEMBER OF M.A.D
    I've just finished printing them Tugg, they will be handed out tomorrow at the team brief

8. vinny

vinny WHFTA 2015 World Champion

Club:
    M.A.D
    Whenever you want tugg :), and on a more serious note it took jean and I two hours to put the numbers out next to the targets , I couldn't remember where they were let alone the damn ranges:eek:o
    I asked a Rudy if he ever built courses , to which he replied yes , but I can never remember the correct ranges , don't you get me going on course setters advantages , cast your mind back to our charity do

9. don626

don626 Member

Club:
    MVAC
    Looking forward to it chaps we are starting the drive up from the south coast around lunch time today and we are looking forward to it.

I'm not expecting to do well as i'm new to shooting UKAHFT but i m looking forward to it all the same and the atmosphere ☺

We have heard a few stories :D

10. poth

poth Whafta old Gits world champion

Club:
    Quarry hunters hft
    Is it true that dops course has no elevated shots because he don't like going up trees no more

11. scutter

scutter Aspiring to mediocrity

Club:
    MEMBER OF M.A.D
    The opposite, some of them even Neil Armstrong would balk at.

12. LAity

LAity Goed Geschoten

So you have seen the course then ???? :D:D:D:D

LAity

13. Where's Molly

Where's Molly Member

Club:
    M.A.D
    Sharp. Lol.

14. Will south

Will south Member

Club:
    MAD
    Looking forward to both shoots, expecting big things especially from day two and the champs course!! Well done in advance to hop along and the champ im sure it will be a great weekend with lots of high scores:D

15. tugg

Club:
    springfield and mad
    :
    well its frigging hard helping put a course out with my eyes closed.
    I just done what I was told. mostly
    and got to show off my ladder skills.:eek::rolleyes:;)

16. Will south

Will south Member

Club:
    MAD
    Oh tugg tugg tugg you will need to miss a few now, just to make sure nobody is suspicious of you!

17. tugg

Club:
    springfield and mad
    I have what they might call,," course setter helpers advantage" .
    its not as much as an advantage as the course director;), as they may move stuff without telling you, and they always have the best end of the tape measure:p:D:D