Thanks Quarry

Discussion in 'UKAHFT Official Forum' started by The Darrener, Sep 27, 2009.

1. The Darrener

The Darrener New Member

Thanks to all involved at the Quarry for a great days shooting,my first ever visit but a long way to go & Thanks to Daystate for sponsoring the event.

A big thanks to my shooting buddies for the day, Stuart & Mark, good days fun. :shot:

How did you manage to book the good weather (very unusual).

See you all at Emley.

2. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

Sparky is currently busy burying the dead druids that suffered a slight accident involving a bacon slicer & lots of salt having failed miserably with the wind :D:D:D Thoroughly enjoyed shooting with Jannine & The Ladyboy we had a laugh even though the course beat us (It beat some of us a lot more than others):D:D:D Top marks to Quarry I suspect a lot of people are very relieved the wind did'nt blow looking at some of the scores that came in:eek:

Biggest laugh was Mike Elliots Sharron Stone moment with Chilli, I think Dave Hatfield will have nightmares for weeks:D:D:D

3. GMF

GMF Non member

Brilliant day at quarry today even the weather was kind the course on the otherhand was a bitch! but me and my mrs enjoyed ourself's even with our poor scores we've been home about 30mins but the other shooters from up our way are still sat on the M1 in a traffic jam as its closed between j26-j27 ...i toldem to get off at j25 but would they listen ...no, hard luck lads'n'lasses

chilli i will never forget the sight of you m8t welldone ....that nightmare image will be seared in my memory for an eternety :eek: :D

Glynn

4. raygun

raygun Non member

Got to add my thanks.

It was my first visit to Quarry and I thought it was excellent. The course was skillfully set out, with no "trick" targets, but a course that tested all.

Well done to Ross H for a superb win.

A bigger WELL DONE to the Quarry club for a great days shooting.

ATB
    Ray.

5. Rik ochet

Rik ochet Its my skunk, I saw it !!

Another Weekend Well Spent.

Thanks to everyone involved for yet another great weekend.

I don't think the wind would have made any difference to my shooting today :D Thanks Steve for the loan of the gun I didn't do it justice.

Also a Thanks to my shooting partners for the day Graeme and Kieran especially for my smiley face doughnuts :)
    Also the phantom beermat throwers, I'm sure the bar staff are still finding them in places they shouldn't be.

Rik

6. DarrenQ

DarrenQ New Member

Club:
    MAD
    Quarry.

Thanks to all at Quarry for a really challenging coarse today, also thanks to Nick for driving me there and back and to Neal Rainbow for his company today hope you sorted the Daystate demons on the range after.well done to todays winners.

Darren.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  7. BOMBER

BOMBER Little French Maid

Fantastic weekend, great entertainment saturday night in the pub:D. The course on sunday kicked the **** out of me(sparky, del, you'r a pair of b*******s) great course. The food was great, and company outstanding and no I didn't listen to glyn so we have just got back home after five and a half hours in the car.:eek:

8. peakecentral

peakecentral Scout & Proud

Club:
    Worcester Air Rifles
    Thanks to everyone for a great welcome at our first HFT event. Maggie and I had a great time, didn't disgrace ourselves, and really enjoyed the company of Nigel & Dan.

Thanks to all,

Martin

9. nibbley-uk

nibbley-uk Dirty Daz

Well another fantastic weekend has come and gone, big thanks to Sparky and crew for a great course and some nice catering that just made me go back for more.
    Well done to Ross for holding his nerve and getting the win, so close to clearing the course too.
    I had great company going round with Dave Hatfield and every time either missed we managed to take the pee out of each other.
    Most of all i must say thanks to Daystate for sponsoring the round and me being a jammy git won the rifle.
    Well done to all the other winners especially the Anston team for spoiling our run of wins.
    Look forward to the last round now especially as it will be a new ground for most of us.
    Darren

10. mikewills8904

mikewills8904 walthers last the course

Club:
    oaktree ftc and tondu ftc
    quarry

great day for 1st hft comp

thanks to sparky and jane for asking me

thanks to pete dutton for all the help and babysitting me around the course

thanks to derek for making me laugh .with his mat humping

any ft boys out there who think that hft is simple .think again. go and have give it a try its bloody great fun

will be back for more

thanks again to all whom helped

11. skipper

skipper New Member

What a wicked weekend :) top draw as you would expect from the Quarry also great weather for a second year running, thank the lord :D

Was nice to see old and new friends again and had 2 wonderful chaps who accompanied me around the course,someone called LAity who kept on going on about .22 springers :D (it makes the difference :) )

Once again thanks to Pete and the Quarry lot for such a good set up and warm welcome.

Ollie & Lou

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  12. 5teve L

5teve L STOP ! HAMMER TIME !

Club:
    The Oaks & Horsham hawks
    Thanks all involved, well worth the drive over for my 1st visit to Quarry.
    What a course, very well thought out & I really enjoyed it, well done & thanks again Quarry.

ATB
    Steve

13. LAity

LAity Goed Geschoten

Well another great weekend for sure, Sat night was a really good laugh for sure, the banter of course was World class...UNLIKE my shooting the next day:eek:Thanks to my shooting partners for keeping me going..i nearly shot myself at one point ( although i would have misranged that shot as well!! ) A great course and thank God the wind did not turn up or i might have scored about 7 !!! I am truly rubbish BUT the laugh was worth every mile. Great to see everyone as ever.not so sure about Chilly in the dress to be honest...although i hear he did get a few phone numbers:D.

All in all a great weekend .

Thanks Quarry

LAity

14. Nealsey

Nealsey Two Tins

Great course guys,

Beat me into submission about half way round :)

Chilli, well what can I say, least said soonest mended :) Although I am not sure it will
    work like that with his reputation :) Well done for raising the cash though chap, stirling effort.

See you all at Emley Moor.

Neal

15. dave benyon

dave benyon Spirit of HFT 2009

Great day at Quarry with the banter up to the normal standard, got to say well done to Gary, some bottle mate ,you can never say HFT is boring. Well done to all involved.

16. Cop Out & Dead Shot

Cop Out & Dead Shot Member

What a fantastic weekend. The wine, the women, the songs (Jenny - the wheels on the bus go .......) your face was priceless flower. As for the beer mat fight - how very childish of us. Never laughed so much in ages. Why will they not go where you want them to go!!!!!! Quarry you bar stewards. That course was a technical bitch but great fun. Martin & Maggie, thanks for such great company. Hope its not put you off and look forward to seeing you both again. Roll on Emley Moor. Trev we need a pub with very tolerant and understanding bar staff!!!!!!!

Nigel & Dan

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  17. Dave Ramshead

Dave Ramshead England HFT Team squatter

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    Thanks to Quarry for a really good round, one of those courses that looked straight forward until you got down to the peg :eek: - the course won!:D

nice one Derek, Pete and the rest of the quarry helpers.

18. D Martin

D Martin Non member

What a fantastic weekend, I'm still buzzing from it ;)
    Thanks to Pete and the lads and lasses of Quarry for being such great hosts and to everybody else for their company over the weekend.
    This one and the MAD round i.m.o has made a brilliant season this year and even sitting on the M1 for nearly 3 hours on the way home didn't spoil it as we'd had such a good time.

A special thanks to Dave and Jane for shooting round with us.....top company ;)
    See you all at Emley:D

Dave

19. BEESA

BEESA Member

Club:
    Cambridge HFT
    Great day , thanks to all involved . Also would like to thank Ryan and Johnny for their company around the course . Well knackered after the 6hr round trip :eek: Thanks again you evil lot :D .

Don ...

20. scutter

scutter Aspiring to mediocrity

Club:
    MEMBER OF M.A.D
    What a great day at Quarry, I was completely destroyed by that course and it is probably the hardest hft course I have ever shot.

It is true that I got many phone numbers, But they were all from Pete Dutton. I hope i did not scar anyone to badly with my Basic instinct moment at the tea van. But i did notice who was looking and who wasn't.

Oh and Mr Elliot the answer is NO.

Thanks to Jane, Steph and Jen for helping with my make up.

See you all at Emley Moor,

Gary