Thank you to the boy on the Island

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by villiers, Oct 9, 2011.

1. villiers

villiers Self appointed antipimp

Club:
    Bisley
    Big thank you the boys and girls from Isle of Wright for a cracking winter league course and the wind and rain was kind to most.
    Will done Tim Godall on a fine 39x40
    Roll on the rest of the winter league:).

2. AndyIoW

AndyIoW Member

Don,

Thanks for that, just got home myself and speaking to Tim afterwards he road his luck out in the field to get that score.

Good shooting by all and we, Carisbrooke, thank all those that came and shot. Hope the colour of the targets was not to bad on the eyes.

Note to all those that buy the 500ml Screwfix line paint the colour is a lot brighter than the lid. Will post a picture so you can see the colours tomorrow when I have sorted through them.

Score will be up on the CSFTA website when collate by Alan.

Als0o congrats to C Bedding for winning the Bonus and J Toms for getting her name drawn for the second prize in the bonus.

See you all at Buccaneers on November 6th.

3. villiers

villiers Self appointed antipimp

Club:
    Bisley
    Cheers

Had no problem with target colours like the different colours for standing and kneeling lanes as a secondary means not to cock up. :)

4. AndyIoW

AndyIoW Member

He is a picture of the target colours we used
    [​IMG]

The middle grey one is the odd one out though using it for a reference. Far right hand one should be white not a slightly grey colour.

A couple of shooters found the yellow made them misrange by a few yards. Duncan from Soton Buccs made one about 52 when only just over 45yds.

5. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    I like red targets, i use them on our vermon side shoot.

after Italy, can leave blue lol

not too fussed on your greys but at least that other one could be seen, from space!

Nothing wrong with the good old days and painting them to look like a magpie, rabit etc.

6. alan-aitch

alan-aitch I'll practice tomorrow...............

Club:
    Bisley
    They ain't so good if you're red/green colour blind (most common type) no contrast and very difficult to range find.

I'd like to know what is so difficult about yellow/black/yellow - white/black/white ??

If Duncan struggled with the yellow it could be something to do with the fact that it was almost flourescent!

Alan.

7. rich

rich Active Member

Should have saved the grey for the squirrels. :D

8. AndyS

AndyS Member

Club:
    Newbury, CSFTA
    Colours used for CSFTA Winter

I suppose I must be a killjoy, but if you read the rules, targets are meant to be either black, white or yellow, with contrasting target zones from one of the alternate colours. BFTA rules are used for winter league shoots. Red and fluorescent yellow should not be used, because the most common form of colour blindness is red/green. The fluorescent yellow has a green tint in my opinion. Personally i don't mind diffrent colours, but as they say, rules is rules!

9. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    It does not say they "must" be a certain colour andy, it says "reccomended"

10. alan-aitch

alan-aitch I'll practice tomorrow...............

Club:
    Bisley
    It also says course builders should allow for shooters that suffer from coulour blindness ;)

Anyway, I don't want Andy to take a bullet for me, I asked him to speak to CSFTA clubs about not using red or red derivitive colours, I struggle with them and I'm not the only one.

Alan.

11. AndyIoW

AndyIoW Member

Alan, I can only apologise for not reading your email before the shoot with regards the red colour.
    Andy, my fault for believing I read the faceplates should be of contrasting colours. The yellow I was expecting to be a mustard yellow as per the lid and not the bright colour it actually was :confused:

We learn from our mistakes so myself and the club have learnt from the errors we made.

We do spend some enjoyable moments watching out local Red squirrels and woodpeckers running around in the copse. Our resident Red squirrel was in the trees whislt we were shooting.

12. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Black ?

Black targets , with black kill's ??? HOLLY