Thank you Nelson for GP4

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by AndyIoW, Jun 10, 2018.

1. AndyIoW

AndyIoW Active Member

Would just like to say thanks to all those who set the course and helped out during the day.

Enjoyed the course, the weather and with the company of David and Bernard as shooting partners. Wanted to hit a few more but those uphill shots and some of those black target faceplates got the better of me lost crosshairs or hit zone.

A few weeks of practice needed before the next round at Bisley. See you all then.

RAMBO likes this.
  2. EV2UK

EV2UK Active Member

Club:
    Southampton Buccaneers
    I have to agree with Andy.
    The uphill ones were awkward but top marks to Berty and all at Nelson who set the course.
    Even though the course wasn't perticualy long it was both fantastic and testing.
    And yes black targets in the shadows were fun.

What did I learn today.....

It would appear that a Welsh breeze moves a pellet more than an English breeze.

Thanks Nelson
    Tony

RAMBO likes this.
  3. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    1. Excellent Andy . i hope the boys at Bisley take note . black face plates are us ??? HOLLY

4. Ratinator

Ratinator 77.74

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    Well done to all involved.
    If the bfta decide to run a training course on how to set out courses , they could do a lot worse than to ask the Welsh lads to run it.
    Once again they’ve shown that the targets don’t need to be at stupid distances to catch out the unwary and the results speak for themselves.
    Wrecker proved at least 48 of them were very hittable targets and I’d put money on the 2 he missed being shortish targets.
    A great days shooting in a stunning location
    Thanks Simon

5. Jaeger

Jaeger Andy Barnes

Club:
    Hereward
    I agree, a really enjoyable day and great course. Also great Welsh weather, roll on Bisley.

Thanks Nelson......Andy

6. GaryB

GaryB Active Member

Club:
    ETL FTC
    Really good day out, thank you Nelson!

7. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Found it tough in the heat but a good course I thought and Nelson is a lovely ground to visit... :) Thanks to all that helped make it happen.

8. Welsh Wizard

Welsh Wizard FT: You Give, You take! Staff Member

Club:
    Oaktree
    Thanks to all at Nelson, Girls doing the Stats, Old Folks doing the Chrono (Gilly should be really thankful lol) and the rest of the lads that did the Work.

9. Evo

Evo Scouser by Birth mfta shooter by choice

Club:
    ByleyFTC, the Dib,Blackbrook
    Mega Ground , many thanks all, enjoyed the weekend oh and the indian on saturday night (without Berty lol )

many thanks to all involved for what i thought was a pretty easy course but the wind kidded me and it wasnt even a wind for nelsons standard, well done to wrecker also woody and best part of weekend was beating awesime on the sillies, it was worth him beating me on the course lol, brilliant weekend,many thanks all

10. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Club:
    SCOTIA FTC
    Thoroughly enjoyed the weekend at Nelson well worth the long drive south great course and great people.

11. Yorkshiretea

Yorkshiretea B Grade Bandit

Club:
    Anston FTC
    Long drive down but worth the visit, nice little ground and a tough course in places, had a few go straight and I swear it got worse everytime I sat down.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

eggie likes this.
  12. TREV RYN

TREV RYN https://www.neftaonline.org/ Staff Member

skelmanthorpe ,west yorkshire,emley moor ftc
    as above thanks to everyone for a cracking days shooting, course was spot on and luverly weather as well, thanks to doz ,bertie and the gang top shoot.