Testing for accuracy with a springer.

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by dcj1, May 23, 2015.

1. dcj1

dcj1 New Member

I am now happy with my TX200's shot cycle and am now starting my quest for the pellet my rifle likes the most. I know shooting in a rested position off a bean bag would probably result in a POI shift from my normal shooting position, but would this be an acceptable way to test for pellet accuracy?.
    We all know how tedious pellet testing can be, I just want to rule out inconsistency because of shooter error.
    Thanks for any input.

2. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    With my 97 I wasn't that far away when I did do it but always ended up shooting from sitting. I actually found it easier and more productive because I could work on fit at the same time and see immediate feedback. And with a springer I find it almost more awkward off the bench because of cocking.

3. Nick G

Nick G Active Member

Club:
    Greyhound/ Purley Chase
    I find I shoot the gun better when sitting than off a bench, I think its because there is more room for movement in the shooting position to allow for the guns recoil & surge